Page 12 of 89 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Ascend Owners Photo Gallery

Thumbs up Re: How about some pictures of your Ascend setup?

Quote Originally Posted by chas View Post
    Thanks again Phil. I'm still leaning towards the BD35 for blu ray...have you found anything that you don't like about yours?
    Chas, I just love my Panasonic BD35 BR player. Excellent picture and awesome sound-what more would anyone want eh? My vote is to go for it. BTW, care to shed some more light on your panel building as I need to do the same. How much did the materials set you back if you don't mind me asking? Also, what kind of camera are you using? Your pics are fantastic! Very good quality.

Cheers,

Phil
    Last edited by soundfreak38; 12-12-2008 at 12:56 PM.
    Tame the peaks, minimize the dips/nulls and ONLY then are YOU on YOUR way to bass nirvana!

Default Re: How about some pictures of your Ascend setup?

Quote Originally Posted by soundfreak38 View Post
    Chas, I just love my Panasonic BD35 BR player. Excellent picture and awesome sound-what more would anyone want eh? My vote is to go for it. BTW, care to she some more light on your panel building as I need to do the same. How much did the material set you back if you don't mind me asking? Also, what kind of camera are you using? Your pics are fantastic! Very good quality.

Cheers,

Phil
    The camera is a Canon...A620 I think. I actually want to replace it as it does not have an image stabilizer and I get a lot of blurry shots (maybe my hands aren't as steady as they once were). It also gets pretty grainy in low light. My last 3 cameras were Canons so I'll probably stick with them.

Glad you like the BD35 as I ordered one this morning!

I don't recall the cost of the treatments as I gathered materials over a long period of time. The 703 fiberglass was the most expensive item, and I think I used two cases of that. The wood (cheap fir strips from Home Depot) and cloth (I used burlap from ATS Acoustics for the panels as they had a close match to my wall color, and speaker cloth from Joanne's for the corner traps) was relatively inexpensive. Feel free to PM if you want more details.

Thumbs up Re: How about some pictures of your Ascend setup?

The camera is a Canon...A620 I think. I actually want to replace it as it does not have an image stabilizer and I get a lot of blurry shots (maybe my hands aren't as steady as they once were). It also gets pretty grainy in low light. My last 3 cameras were Canons so I'll probably stick with them.

Glad you like the BD35 as I ordered one this morning!

I don't recall the cost of the treatments as I gathered materials over a long period of time. The 703 fiberglass was the most expensive item, and I think I used two cases of that. The wood (cheap fir strips from Home Depot) and cloth (I used burlap from ATS Acoustics for the panels as they had a close match to my wall color, and speaker cloth from Joanne's for the corner traps) was relatively inexpensive. Feel free to PM if you want more details.
    Chas, I am glad you decided to order the Panny BD35 BR player. I am sure you will like it. Like you, I also have a canon, but mine does have image stabilization. That will be a good move imho. Thanks for the info regarding the traps. I will look you up whenever I get to that point. However, it may be a while yet. Things are really hectic here given the holiday shopping season. Hope all is well your way my friend.

Cheers,

Phil
    Tame the peaks, minimize the dips/nulls and ONLY then are YOU on YOUR way to bass nirvana!

not quite as thrilling as some setups, but it gets the job done. i was planning on ordering more 340's but as it happens I may be going to Norway for a year and couldn't bring my stereo! x(

The tv is actually a 42" plasma, it looks oddly small in this shot, the camera has a widescreen lens

also please ignore the mess, i'm usually moving crap around back there!

Quote Originally Posted by scape View Post

not quite as thrilling as some setups, but it gets the job done. i was planning on ordering more 340's but as it happens I may be going to Norway for a year and couldn't bring my stereo! x(

The tv is actually a 42" plasma, it looks oddly small in this shot, the camera has a widescreen lens

also please ignore the mess, i'm usually moving crap around back there!
    Nice scape! I thought my tv looked small in my shots too

Do you use the laptop as a HT PC?

Nice scape! I thought my tv looked small in my shots too

Do you use the laptop as a HT PC?
    thanks!

i do. it has svideo out, which is not exactly ideal, but neither is internet video

i mostly play pandora on it so just audio, but sometimes video from hulu or sidereel for some tv entertainment-- it works out well enough to be honest, but certainly isn't streamlined by any means. as htpc's are getting better with hdmi + audio out, i may be building a simple setup, but truth be told having a small lcd screen off to the side makes things easier sometimes.

Default Re: Ascend Owners Photo Gallery

Here's my 2 channel setup.

just moved, this is my new setup

Room from afar, you can see the energy surround sounds near the couch.

this is the best angle I could muster to fit the speakers into view, cellphone pics are terrible, haha

this is the speaker stand I built for the 170's, they're a tad tall, but fit the audio to the tv perfectly, since that is raised up as well. i might remake short stands and use these for the surround

It's been many years, but I finally had enough dough to start buying my (realistic) dream home theater.

Sub is a VTF2-MK3, receiver is an HK AVR-254, tape measurer is stanley.
    I'm going to get sierras up front and move the 170s to the back this month

not a very good pic black wall black speakers, gotta hide the wires still but im happy with my setup.