Page 53 of 89 FirstFirst ... 4849505152535455565758 ... LastLast

Thread: Ascend Owners Photo Gallery

Default Re: Ascend Owners Photo Gallery

Harro, VERY nice room, I'm curious as to the "No Wife Approval Needed" title on the linked picture. No wife, or does the wife not use that room? Sure looks like an excellent place to kick off the shoes! What new toys do you think Santa might have in store?

Jay

Man caves don't need wives approval

I have been divorced for 18 years and it was ugly. I lost everything from cars, house, kids to pension. In fact I finally bought a TV 4 years ago and still do not own a car. LOL But I finally have dug myself out and can afford some things, so my room represents that. It may not be the most expensive stuff but during the weekends I have friends over for movies with their families and they love it. They bring hotdogs and buns and drinks , I supply the popcorn and movies.

I run a self storage facility and probably the only one in the country that offers movies to the tenants on a Friday or Sat night free in the summer as long as they big their own seats. I have a 12 foot outdoor screen I set up and extra audio gear, so I have a family nite for my tenants. I thought that with a down ward economy, this was a way for me to help the families that rent from me on the cheap. It has been well liked by the tenants.

As far as what Santa may bring I am waiting on the full details of the Sierra 2's. So he may be bring those in his big red bag or if he is REALLY Jolly on eggnog some towers.

That's awesome! Your ex lost a good man seems like to me.

Quote Originally Posted by jk121764 View Post
    Here's my 2 channel setup.

Hi. I wonder how are the ANTICABLES (visible on your picture) match these beauties?
    I'm getting ready for a purchase. I was thinking about this cables. I'm convinced based on reviews that speakers will deliver.

Hi Darius,

I just tried emailing John who had the setup you quoted, but his email address is no longer working. He last posted here in 2009. I know he had some fine equipment and good taste - he has had some very good speakers in the past, and yet he spoke very favourably about the Sierra 1's. Are you thinking of getting the Sierra 1s or 2s?

Welcome to the forum!

Mark

Anyone have any pics of the US made Sierra 2's? It will be a month or so before I have mine and I'm getting anxious!

Quote Originally Posted by diesel79 View Post
    Anyone have any pics of the US made Sierra 2's? It will be a month or so before I have mine and I'm getting anxious!
    We plan to have a full set of pics posted on the website once we receive our next batch of Sierra-2 tweeters and get caught up with backorders. Sorry!
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

Here are some pictures of my setup. Towers and Horizon both with RAAL, and S2's as surrounds. I took pictures with grills on and off. I usually keep them off. Also I have my Horizon flipped upside down so all the RAAL's and mid's are oriented the same.

As you can see there is a little bit of space between the sub and the cabinet and the sub and the Horizon. I used sets of these Isolate It pads and they work great.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    Media PC: Intel i7-4770K, Asus Maximus VI Hero, 16GB RAM, 250G Samsung 840 EVO, XFX HD7870 GPU
    Software: JRiver MC 20.0.79, AnyDVD HD 7.5.8.0
    Audio Processor: Lynx AES16e (FW: 13.1) w/ Aurora 16-VT (FW: 28)
    Amp: Emotiva MPS-2
    Speakers: Ascend Acoustics Sierra Towers w/RAAL, Horizon w/RAAL and Sierra-2's as SL/SR
    Sub: Elemental Designs A7s-650
    TV tuner: HD HomeRun DUEL (2)

Quote Originally Posted by SpeedD408 View Post
    Here are some pictures of my setup. Towers and Horizon both with RAAL, and S2's as surrounds. I took pictures with grills on and off. I usually keep them off. Also I have my Horizon flipped upside down so all the RAAL's and mid's are oriented the same.

As you can see there is a little bit of space between the sub and the cabinet and the sub and the Horizon. I used sets of these Isolate It pads and they work great.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    Super nice set up. The Horizon doesn't look as big as I thought