Page 3 of 89 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Ascend Owners Photo Gallery

I have a friend in Boston...he'll drive down and kick you in the Sierra!

Okay, he's an Ascend owner too, so maybe he won't.

And naw, I took those down. I'm not *that* bad.

That said...there's still a Xmas tree in my dining room....
    Last edited by Jonnyozero3; 06-27-2007 at 10:43 PM.
    Jon O.

Finally, I have an excuse to post my pictures:

Hey, davef, if you are watching you might remember the concept sketches I faxed you from the Philippines. Look familiar?

Yes, this is the bedroom. That was the compromise (No HT in Living Room).
    Only the bedrooms here have air/con and with the house sometimes feeling like a sauna bath,
    I can chill out with a little sonic nirvana.

I will try and put up more pics at:
    http://heartlink.eaph.com/viewalbum.cgi?Images/AscendHT

Cheers!

CMT-340 SE L/C/R
    CBM-170 SE Surrounds
    HTM-200 Rears
    HSU VTF-3 MK2 Sub
    Arcam AVR300
    Arcam DV79
    Toshiba HD-A2 HD DVD
    Sony Bravia KLV-V40A10 40" LCD
    Sierra 1 R/L
    CMT-340 SE Center!
    CBM-170 SE Surrounds
    HTM-200 Rears
    HSU VTF-3 MK2 Sub
    Arcam AVR300 Receiver
    Arcam DV79 CD, DVD, DVD-A Player
    Oppo BDP-83 Blu-ray Player
    Sony Bravia KLV-V40A10 40" HD LCD

Nice bedroom setup! Do you pull the 340's out of the cabinet for movies or do they sound ok in there?

Thanks chas,

Actually they sound pretty good inside the cabinets, because DaveF was so kind to help me in the early design. He reviewed my sketches and told me exactly how much space I would need to give the speakers enough breathing space inside there.

And now I recently bi-amped the front speakers with my Arcam in an effort to tweek the sound. So for my serious liistening, I like to slide them out to the edge of the counter so the ledge does not act as a baffle, and interfere with the dispersion. And since I have enough slack in the speaker cable, I can even bring them out and move them closer to the LCD Panel for movies.

The speaker cable I bought from Ascend over a year ago is great because it has 4 leads of 14ga., giving you effectively 11ga. And it was a life saver when I decided to bi-amp the fronts, since the 4 leads of concealed wire were already there.

The 340 SEs are really nice. During stereo play of reference material my soundstage is so wide and high, that there are times I swear I still have the center and surrounds on, and I catch my self checking my controls.

I actually bought speaker cloth to line the inside of the doors and cover the overhead center, but never got around to putting it into place. Think it needs it?
    Sierra 1 R/L
    CMT-340 SE Center!
    CBM-170 SE Surrounds
    HTM-200 Rears
    HSU VTF-3 MK2 Sub
    Arcam AVR300 Receiver
    Arcam DV79 CD, DVD, DVD-A Player
    Oppo BDP-83 Blu-ray Player
    Sony Bravia KLV-V40A10 40" HD LCD

I think I would use the speaker cloth over the center channel opening...the mains look fine.

I hear the Arcams are nice sounding receivers...

Quote Originally Posted by BGHD
    I finally figured out how to embed pictures into a thread, so thought I'd share. How about pictures of your setup?

OK, here's my modest plain-jane "old school" SE living room setup. Any critique/suggestions welcome.:

Pioneer 50" 1120 plasma + Sanus wall mount
    Pioneer 74txvi receiver
    Toshiba HD-D2 HD-DVD player
    Xbox 360 + HD-DVD addon
    Pioneer 588 DVD player (mainly for SACD/DVD-audio music)
    DirecTV HR10-250 Tivo
    APC H15 power/line conditioner
    Ascend 340 SE LCR + HTM-200 L/R surrounds
    Hsu VTF3-MKII sub
    Salamander Triple 20 cabinet
    Can you tell me about your Salamander Triple 20?

I showed your photos to my wife and she's on board with how it looks. We currently have a Samsung DLP on a Samsung stand. We want to replace the stand before our baby is old enough to crawl.

Is it possible to baby proof the doors? Also, what color is the wood on your doors? Is that walnut?

Any other info you wantto share about them?

Quote Originally Posted by musicforme
    Can you tell me about your Salamander Triple 20?

I showed your photos to my wife and she's on board with how it looks. We currently have a Samsung DLP on a Samsung stand. We want to replace the stand before our baby is old enough to crawl.

Is it possible to baby proof the doors? Also, what color is the wood on your doors? Is that walnut?

Any other info you wantto share about them?
    Babyproof? Haven't tried it. Luckily, my 3 1/2 yo hasn't been too curious w/ the goods inside. Could probably use any cheapie babyproofing cabinet or drawer latch/lock. Maybe Salamander has locks that work w/ the track system in the posts?

Color? Walnut. Sorry for the horrible, dark pics. I also have a Cinnamon double 20.

Overall, I'm very happy w/ the Salamander furniture. Sturdy, well-built, good ventilation (I leave the back panels off to improve venting). It's not the slickest looking furniture out there & not the cheapest, but it does the job for me. BTW, with some creative rearranging of the shelves & supports, a 340 center can fit within center section. A Sierra should fit no problem.

I just noticed they have a "Chameleon" collection that looks interesting. Cleaner looking without the metal support posts and more door options than the traditional Synergy line.

Feel free to ask any other questions, as I spent countless hours researching the stuff. I narrowed it down to Salamander, Diamondcase.com and Sanus. Fortunately, what sealed the deal was when I found them on sale for about 1/2 off at the Good Guys closeout sale, and the exact color combo (at least for the triple) I wanted too!
    Last edited by BGHD; 07-03-2007 at 06:53 AM.

Beautiful set-ups everyone....my media room is currently in construction, but with the drywall about to go up. Assuming this thread is still going in a month or so, I'll be posting my set up then.

these pictures are getting me a little to anxious.....I have to stop looking.

Well, I know I don't yet have my Ascend setup, but I thought I'd post a couple of before pictures then a beautiful after shot. Here is a shot of my media room just before drywall.....

Hopefully soon I'll be sending out the real thing.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Here are some pics of my modest HT setup.

Not exactly an ideal configuration but the results are still pretty good none the less.

HT Setup:
    Samsung HLS-7178W DLP
    340SE LRC
    170SE Front Wide
    200SE Side Surround
    Paradigm Micro Rear Surround
    SVS 20-39PCi Sub
    Onkyo NR-1007 AVR
    Yamaha HTR-5960 AVR
    SA 8300HD PVR
    Emotiva XPA-3 Amplifier
    Toshiba HD-A2 HD-DVD