Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Logo contest winners!

I am really happy that everyone likes the new logo.

Now I need an opinion, should the shape of the entire logo remain rectangular -or- as more commonly implemented, oval?

I welcome all opinions!

Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

A very professional looking job guys! I vote for the oval shaped logo Dave. And let us know when the list for those wanting to "upgrade" their logos is in place. And another vote for putting this design on a baseball cap.

are there any other options other than rectangular or oval shaped? Either or is fine with me, but why not accentuate the new design and make it triangular with rounded corners - like a partially melted Hershey's *sp* Kiss or Bell shaped - Why conform? Just a thought....

if choosing between those - I vote either or

I really like the suggestion made by Sigma B. A triangular logo with the rounded corners would look sharp.

If that wasn't possible, I'd vote for a rectangle. It seems to me that if you had the new logo on a oval shaped badge. There might be a lot of empty space on the lower half of the badge.

Very well done!

Go rectangular. I think if you use an oval you will lose the impact of the flowing curves of the double arched A's. And the same with a rounded triangle. I believe they'd stand out better with a straight lines framing them.

I say rectangle with rounded corners.

By the way everyone, I am looking into getting embroidered baseball caps made.

-curtis

Great Design..... Great Job Guys.... How about window clings so that we "die hard" ascend owners can proudly display the new logo in our vehicles...... Looking forward to the request list being formed. I'll certainly put in my replacement order for 5....

Bill

Greetings from Central Florida!

Hmmm- I think I'm inclined to agree with Quinn about an oval shape being a distraction away from the double A's... on the other hand the oval shape would contrast nicely with the rectangular/squarish shape of the speakers themselves. From a distance I think a badge with curvature to the perimeter would compliment the speaker better...for an up-close inspection of the badge itself then rectangular would be better. How's that for a "sittin on the fence" opinion. Actually if I was forced to choose... I think I would have to go with oval because I think it is more important for the speaker to have good visual impact at stand-back distances. I'll offer up a compromise...straight top and bottom and curved ends??? Maybe "Ascend" can be stretched out longer to help fill the dead area of the curved ends.

Randy

I have some suggestions in regards to attaching the badges to the speaker grills. How about retaining an area on the wood portion of the grill so the badges can be mechanically fastened vs. just glued on. A relatively small "hump" can be left during cutting the wood portion of the grill and maybe the badges can be attached similiar to the way boyscout or hat pins are secured...thru two very small precision located holes in the wood. If the customer should desire to remove the badges then the retainers are removed and the badge slipped off with no visible damage. The customer could also position the badges at the top of the grill...rotate the grill and unclip and rotate the badges too. For those of us wanting retrofit badges this type of attachment would still work for us too... just push the pins thru the speaker cloth and push on the retainers. With a little more secure mounting system- or with the badges located at the top of the speaker- maybe my kids would leave them alone. Another thought- with the badges designed this way they could also be sold or one supplied gratis with new purchases and the customer could pin them to his own ball hat...relatively low cost advertisement. Just a couple ideas... maybe the costs would be prohibitive.

Randy

Would have to agree with Sigma, make it triangular if possible . . . matches the shape of the logo. Otherwise, hmmm, well, let me see, okay, maybe, yep I think, it would have to be oval. Or rectangular. Oval, rectangulr, oval, rectangular, slimy, crunchy. Oh all right, OVAL!