Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Logo contest winners!

any shape is way better than the last logo I like the pin design where a person could attach it anywhere they would like to pin it on ie:bottom of speaker, top, side, etc. on your shirts, baseball hats etc thats my 2 cents

I've always thought Ascend needed a new logo. Sorry to offend the original designer, but the old logo looks, well, like something doodled during third period when you have a substitute.

The new logo is very slick, but I'm wondering if you will be able to read the lettering when you reduce it to a speaker badge. And whether the fine AA's will kind of disappear in a small badge with a dark background. And whether a dark background badge will disappear into the black speaker cloth and black speakers that Ascend is known for. These are practical considerations you should think about before ordering a huge mess of badges ... Don't be afraid to tinker with the design, you want people to be able to recognize the badge from a distance, without having to get within 6 inches.

I don't even own Ascends (still considering my options), but I think the new logo is a step in the right direction, getting Ascend on its way to being a professional-looking speaker. Like it or not, packaging is important for commercial success. Just ask ****.

These comments are meant to be helpful, not bashing. If you need any trademark help, let me know.

Peter

Any word on the new logo's premier date? David, Curtis....anyone?

MAG

I think Dave posted somewhere about aiming for the first week in May?

-curtis

Next week, eh! I wonder how close they actually are to releasing it? Will the replacement logos for current Ascend owners be a "Free product update"?

MAG

oh...I meant the website...not the logo replacements.

I am working on hats for those that want to purchase them.

-curtis