Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Will Ascend ever update their website and/or logo?

I think the web site is great-looks good with no bull straight talk-great job Dave.

great job very good looking new website I say hats off to dave

>You really suprised me with the new finish options, I didn't see that coming at all. <

I wanted to echo this comment and say that those Silver or White CBM's are VERY classy. Frankly they look like VERY much more expensive speakers, and the colored grills are a great touch. I'm sure I'm preaching to the choir here...but what the hey

WOW! I got caught in the midst of a site update I think? Just as I was going to ask about the new logo appearing on this forum, it was being done as I tried to connect to the site. It seems there are a few changes as well, like an index and how you log on.

Ed

Excellent job on the new website with some outstanding "grand opening" sales. Do any of you have any stategies or success stories that you'd like to share when it comes to getting your wife (or any SO) to agree that new audio will be a worthwhile investment? I have until August 31st (free shipping) to come up with something.
    Let the humor begin. []

David

That's easy bikerman. Here's the angle I would take.

Say that you and your wife watch 4 DVD's per week. The addition of a Ascend acoustics speaker package will give you movie theater quality sound, probably better. Now if you were to go to the movie theater 4 times a week, that would probably run you $10 per ticket + $10 in popcorn and soda, let's call it $30 for each trip you and your wife make to the movie theater. At 4 times a week, that's $120 a week. At this rate, the top of the line Ascend Acoustics package ($1998) will pay or itself in a little over 4 months. Clearly, the ascend speakers will last way longer than this, so clearly this is a worthwhile investment. It will say you money in the long run, and bring the joy of movie theater quality sound into your home for the enjoyment of the entire family.

john

Curtis, how do members log on now, say to view another members profile or make changes to your own?

Ed

Ed...nothing has changed in the regard...it works the same, I just checked it.

Because the banner takes up more of the page now, you may have to scroll to the right to see the options. That's something that Smokey can fix when he is not BBQing.

-curtis

D'oh!!! That's what I get for keeping the window small....in addition to keeping a low profile at work[]

Ed

I like the new skin. It took me a minute to figure out I hadn't clicked Ascend.

Bikerman- using Edmunds.com TruCost to own numbers. My car costs 50 cents a mile to operate. The closest theater to us is about 20 miles= $20 round trip. Two tickets at $9= $18. Popcorn, soda, candy= $15. Parking= $5. Babysitter= $25(taking the kids is about the same $) So as I see it it cost about $80 for us to see a movie.

Another tactic is showing her the biggest ugliest speakers you can find so she will be relieved when you pick up the Ascends.