Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Will Ascend ever update their website and/or logo?

Oh no!! Please don't compare yourself to Bill Gates.....or Ascend to Microsoft.

But just in case something happens....and you have Bill Gates like money....don't forget us. []

-curtis

I can't wait to see the new logo in full website glory[]
    As to the new logo....any guesstimates as to the physical
    product's debut date?(Gotta have'em[8D])

MAG

David,sorry for the impatience over the debut of the new website and logo. I just need to remember that we want the new website to be as refined as the speakers it touts! []

Curtis,

If I had Mr. Gates' cash, or even 1/1000th, I don't think I would be posting on this forum.. nothing personal of course, I think I would spend every waking moment of my life with my 2 year old and on vacation (maybe more gym time as well!) I hope you would spend the time with your kids -and not working- if you had that kind of cash, of course, the forums would miss you!

Mag... still working on the logo design as far as what "type" we will use. Maybe a solid plastic tooled design or a plastic lens style. We need to use up our current stock of logos of course. Hate to dispose of thousands of logos that, although they look inexpensive, are certainly not inexpensive.

Ben and everyone else.. your patience is greatly appreciated and we are making headway.

Take care!

Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

Believe me...if I didn't have to work, I would be with my kids and leisure. I'd still listen to my Ascends ofcourse. []

-curtis

Hello...I just wandered in here off the street and was glad to find this oasis in an otherwise sea of A/V sights bloated with "mine's better than yours" posts. I'm an avid HT and music enthusiast and have been an Ascend customer for more than a few years.

Sony WE610 60" LCD RPTV
    Pioneer Elite 59TXi AVR
    Pioneer Eliete 59AVi Universal DVD player
    CBM 170 Front L/R
    CBM 340c Center
    HTM 200s Rear L/R and rear surround (6.1)
    HSU VTF-3
    Monster THX certified interconnects
    DIY speaker cable (that's better than anyhing you'll find anywhere else)

Welcome!

I was hoping you would find your way here.

-curtis

Dave G Guest

Hi, graphicguy. Nice to see you over here!

Dave

Graphicguy,

Welcome. You have the 59TXi and the 59AVi!!! I'm jealous. Do you use that i-link for hi-rez audio much? I hear it's awesome.

What type of connectors did you use on your DIY speaker cables? I just fished a bunch of 12ga. wire through my new HT walls, and I'm planning on slapping some banana plugs and shrink wrap on the ends to make everything look nice and easy to connect. I just can't decide on which banana plugs to get. I haven't soldered much in my life, so i'm leaning toward some type of terminal crimp plug. Any suggestions?

But back to the topic at hand. My new theory is that a frequently visited website will not update, just as a watched pot of water will not boil. I've come to realize that it is my fault that the website is not updated because I keep checking so often. Therefore, for everyone's sake, I will refrain from visiting the ascend website for the rest of the weekend. If my theory is correct, I will arrive at work bright and early on Monday morning to find a beautifull new website to enjoy over my first cup of coffee.

John

P.S. my DIY speaker cables will be better than yours[]

Thanks, Curtis and to everyone else. Curtis has seen (?) me in another forum that I frequent quite a bit. I'm trying to get some "Ascend Acoustic" activity going on over there. I had no idea such a forum existed until I talked to David F and saw Curtis' post.

jbliz....I'm using banana connectors with "shrink wrap" also (great minds must think alike).. I know exactly what you went through. I spent plenty of hours making and then "snaking" speaker cables through walls. I found some very nice twisted pair cable through an A/V retailer who was going out of business and auctioning everything he had. It was bulk on a roll and looks like/feels like "Kimber Cable". I bought the whole roll (500') of it for $87. This stuff is thick and stiff. I'm sure what you have is as good, if not better. I'm using some "rat shack" banana plugs (not very esoteric, but the best they carry). I origninally went to this A/V auction hoping to pick up some high end electronics "on the cheap". I came home with nothing more than a (big) roll of cable.

Soldering isn't hard at all. Once you do a couple of connections, you'll zip through the rest. That said, I understand not wanting to start learning with a high dollar HT system. Monster makes some dandy banana plugs with "screw type" crimp terminators. I'm sure you can find them at Best Buy.

I love the 59TXi and 59AVi together. Yes, they are hooked together via i-link and the DVD player is hooked to my monitor via DVI/HDMI. I just got this setup a couple of weeks ago. Picture quality of my DVDs rival HD...no exageration. I was watching "The Miracle" last night. Great movie (even if you aren't a hockey fan) and the color rendition and detail were a sight to behold.

I play quite a bit of hi-rez/multi-channel recordings through it. It truly stuns me every time I listen. I didn't think it would make a huge difference, but I was wrong. I now have a "jitterless" digital stream. Plus, in both the AVR and the DVD player Pioneer uses the best DACs and decoders on the market that can be found in any gear from anyone. And since I don't have to use analog connections (and conversions), the wire snake pit behind the electronics has been dramatically reduced. I went from 10 cables (6 analog connections for SACD/DVD-A, 1 digital tos-link connection, 3 component video connections) to two connections (1 i-link for audio, 1 DVI/HDMI for video). The set-up really makes the Ascends "sing".

I spoke to David F. yesterday. He said the WEB site was just about finished. He also hinted that they have some surprises coming. Think 170s or 340s in high quality wood veneer. There are some new replacements coming fruther down stream. Although I couldn't get much more out of him, but I think these will be replacements for the 170s and/or the HTM 200s (my speculation).

Sony WE610 60" LCD RPTV
    Pioneer Elite 59TXi AVR
    Pioneer Elite 59AVi Universal DVD player
    CBM 170 Front L/R
    CBM 340c Center
    HTM 200s Rear L/R and rear surround (6.1)
    HSU VTF-3
    Monster THX certified interconnects
    DIY speaker cable (that's better than anyhing I can purchase elsewhere)