Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: CD recorders/burners

Just get a CD burner for your PC.....good ones are $70. Standard music CDs do not have copy protection.

-curtis

Yup just as Curtis said, get a CD burner for your computer. In fact, Circuit City has a Lite-On 52x burner on sale this week for $15.00 after 2 rebates. http://www.circuitcity.com/detail.js...rk_2&oid=76604

Thanks Curtis, but I'm completely inept at the computer and my kid(s) aren't old enough to take care of it for me. I wouldn't have a clue as to how to hook one up or use it. I'm using a five year old PIII chip machine that all we do with is email, surf, and balance the checkbook. I just learned this month how to pay bills electronicly. I don't know if it would support one. Professionally I'm a pastry chef, presently a stay at home dad, so I don't use computers at work to learn them.

Signed troglodyte Q.

Thanks Johnny- What does this mean in English?..."Just install into your ATAPI-E/IDE port and let the plug-and-play features do the rest!" And how can I tell if my computer has an ATAPI-E/IDE?

I guess I'm going to have to figure this out. As you guys know I'm a cheapskate.

It should support it without issues. The two most difficult pieces will be installing it, which is easy and I would do for you if you were closer, and teaching you the couple of clicks you need to do to copy a CD.

Do you have any computer geek friends near by?

-curtis

Yeah, my fishing partner is a computer geek. I just sent him an email. Now I've got to figure out if my computer meets the 166hz mininum. I'm not finding it under My Computer,control panel,system.

You should have no problems using the drive in your machine, I had my first CD/RW in a P2 400 PC and had no problems. The E/IDE port is just the connection used on PC's to hook up optical(CD/RW and DVD drives) and hard drives to the motherboard. If you have a friend who is a techie, you might want him to help you, but it is something you can do yourself. Most drives have pretty good instructions on installation. Just to let you know, when I installed my first one, it was the first time I ever opened my PC. Six months later I built my own. That is also easy, all the info is out there on the net or in books. Good luck, you can do it.

Quinn,

Don't worry...that PIII meets the minumum.

How did you ever hook up your audio system?

-curtis

If you have a P3 chip you meet it, I believe the slowest P3 chip is 450hz.

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Arial, Verdana, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by curtis

Quinn,

Don't worry...that PIII meets the minumum.

How did you ever hook up your audio system?

-curtis
    <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

With clearly marked input output jacks. Not the same as cracking open the tower and messing around with the innards. ;^)