Page 9 of 21 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Sierra .5?

Default Re: Sierra .5?

I can see some of the points on here are valid-- but to be entirely self-absorbed, I'd buy this to replace my 170's up front, and ultimately all around. I guess we'll see how much detail you can get out of a 4-5" driver in a small, sealed enclosure-- I'm just assuming/hoping it will surpass the 170 se's abilities and offer a smaller and prettier footprint.
    If you're hoping for a sierra-2 or 1.5 or whatever it may be, I think eventually it will happen; and my guess is it'd be a MTM configuration similar to 340, as I see it that is a very logical step; one big issue with a MTM or even a 3-way tower is that the bamboo is going to be costly I imagine.

Quote Originally Posted by scape View Post
    one big issue with a MTM or even a 3-way tower is that the bamboo is going to be costly I imagine.

Also, with how heavy bamboo is shipping would be really expensive.

Not to derail the thread, but with the talk above about a sierra 2, thats where my real interest lies

I love the solid cabinet of the sierra but have an urge to move up the ladder, hence my mention of the salk ST RT's. If Dave F can get something out in the next few months, I may have to try both, otherwise I may have to try the salks......but dont worry folks, I will always have at least one sierra pair, 4 200SE's, and 6 170SE's on hand

Upgraditis at its best........

Fun to dream right!

Brandon

Quote Originally Posted by merrymaid520 View Post
    but dont worry folks, I will always have at least one sierra pair, 4 200SE's, and 6 170SE's on hand

Fun to dream right!

Brandon
    wow, lol! do you have a pro theatre in your home? you could certainly start to build one with all those speakers ;D

Quote Originally Posted by merrymaid520 View Post
    Not to derail the thread, but with the talk above about a sierra 2, thats where my real interest lies

I love the solid cabinet of the sierra but have an urge to move up the ladder, hence my mention of the salk ST RT's. If Dave F can get something out in the next few months, I may have to try both, otherwise I may have to try the salks......but dont worry folks, I will always have at least one sierra pair, 4 200SE's, and 6 170SE's on hand

Fun to dream right!

Brandon
    It appears you have tried them, Brandon, unless this is a different Brandon?

http://www.audiocircle.com/circles/i...?topic=59166.0
    Ed

* Sierra-2EX's W/V2 crossover upgrade
    * (2) Rythmik F12's
    * Parasound Halo P6
    * Audio by Van Alstine DVA-M225 Monoblock Amps
    * MiniDSP 2x4HD For Sub calibration
    *World's Best Cables Canare 4S11 speaker cables

Quote Originally Posted by scape View Post
    wow, lol! do you have a pro theatre in your home? you could certainly start to build one with all those speakers ;D
    scape,

Right now I have 5 sierras all around in my living room. I have a pair of 200SE's in my garage and bedroom setup. Then in my theater room, I have 6 170SE's all around except for a sierra center channel

Other than that, I am not a big ascend fan

Quote Originally Posted by Mag_Neato View Post
    It appears you have tried them, Brandon, unless this is a different Brandon?

http://www.audiocircle.com/circles/i...?topic=59166.0
    Magneato,

Thats a friend of mine also named Brandon. He lives about an hour away and we both share similar tastes. He brought the pair pictured in that thread down to my place a month or so ago to compare against my sierras. We had fun A/B ing the two and also listening to some good tunes! The salks are a beautifully finished & great sounding speaker. If the sierras are not satisfying your apetite, give them a listen.

LOL! 2 Brandons in WI interested in Salk speakers? Sheesh!

I'm very satisfied with my Sierras. Just need to hook them back up

My next purchase may be a seperate amp to feed them with my Onkyo TX-SR703 receiver. Or, I have been eyeing the new Pioneer Elite D-Class amp, IcePowered receivers....
    Ed

* Sierra-2EX's W/V2 crossover upgrade
    * (2) Rythmik F12's
    * Parasound Halo P6
    * Audio by Van Alstine DVA-M225 Monoblock Amps
    * MiniDSP 2x4HD For Sub calibration
    *World's Best Cables Canare 4S11 speaker cables

Quote Originally Posted by Mag_Neato View Post
    LOL! 2 Brandons in WI interested in Salk speakers? Sheesh!

I'm very satisfied with my Sierras. Just need to hook them back up

My next purchase may be a seperate amp to feed them with my Onkyo TX-SR703 receiver. Or, I have been eyeing the new Pioneer Elite D-Class amp, IcePowered receivers....
    as you know us WI folks are known as the WAC jobs (Wisconsin audio club)

You have to get them playing again before you have withdrawls. I brought my sierras to a local GTG and had them played through the D-sonic 500w/ch ICE amp and they sure shined! ICE amps seem to be the way to go lately.

Take care,
    Brandon

as far as ice goes, my 5 sierra's are quite happy with my sc-05...

on topic, i really want a .5 model for surrounds... the 1's are a bit bulky, like i said before... imo, the .5 would be perfect...

and they had BETTER come in cherry....