Page 18 of 21 FirstFirst ... 131415161718192021 LastLast

Thread: Sierra .5?

Default Re: Sierra .5?

Quote Originally Posted by kylem View Post
    Me too, and they work great. I'm very pleased with them!
    So you wouldn't be interested in a mini-Sierra?

I'm really hoping these speakers become a reality. Knowing the quality of the Sierra-1, I don't doubt a smaller version would be outstanding for desktop, surrounds, and even small systems.

Quote Originally Posted by alphaiii View Post
    I'm really hoping these speakers become a reality. Knowing the quality of the Sierra-1, I don't doubt a smaller version would be outstanding for desktop, surrounds, and even small systems.
    The HTM-200SE and CBM-170SE fill those areas nicely.
    -curtis

Quote Originally Posted by alphaiii View Post
    So you wouldn't be interested in a mini-Sierra?

I never said that. As I mentioned early on in this thread, I'm perfectly happy with my 200SE's, but I would be interested to see if Dave comes up with something like this so I could use my 200SE's elsewhere.

http://forum.ascendacoustics.com/sho...9&postcount=40

I am hoping for a dedicated surround speaker , not that the 170's and 200's are no good .My 170se are a not ideal surrounds in some ways.

Mark
    Bunch of speakers

Quote Originally Posted by qwknuf6 View Post
    I am hoping for a dedicated surround speaker , not that the 170's and 200's are no good .My 170se are a not ideal surrounds in some ways.

Mark
    I like my 170SE surrounds but I've always hoped to see a bipole surround from Ascend as my seating positions are scattered around the room and I could use more diffuse sound from the rear speakers.

patiently waiting for some updates...

Quote Originally Posted by chas View Post
    I like my 170SE surrounds but I've always hoped to see a bipole surround from Ascend as my seating positions are scattered around the room and I could use more diffuse sound from the rear speakers.
    Ditto! My monopole speakers are fine for surround when I'm in the center sweet spot but guests sitting closer to the sides notice them. A switchable bipole-dipole surround speaker would be great.

I obviously can't speak FOR Dave, but I don't think he's a big fan of bi/dipoles.
    Direct is more controllable(soundstage was meticulously PLANNED in movies), not bouncing off walls and the like(unless stupidly placed of course.....don't laugh I'd bet he's gotten that call... ).
    Enough going on when you KNOW what the deal is...........

Just my opinion nothing else, and Dave could just decide to build one tomorrow to make HT enthusiasts happy.....I like Direct myself, so I'll have no use for them.

Another ditto. I'm currently looking at new side surrounds and am a fan of bi/dipole. My short list is the Emotiva ERD-1, Axiom QS8 & Ascend HTM-200. The first two because they are bi/dipoles that seem to have a lot of positive reviews and of course the HTM-200 because the are Ascends & I respect the product from Dave (I can't dismiss given how much I love my Sierras). If Dave came out with a bi/dipole tomorrow I'd be first in line!
    Last edited by wish; 02-22-2010 at 05:34 AM.

When a movie is mixed, it is done with direct radiating speakers. If the engineers want to create a diffused sound, then can do so with these speakers.

Bi-poles and di-poles ALWAYS create a diffused soundfield, and it will not create what the engineer intended.
    -curtis