Page 11 of 21 FirstFirst ... 678910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Sierra .5?

Default Re: Sierra .5?

Quote Originally Posted by azanon View Post
    From my vantagepoint, there are several people, including yourself, who don't allow me to have my opinion and consequently start the argument. The argument doesn't start just because I have an opinion that doesn't resemble the monotone of opinions repeated 30 times already.
    Azanon, using your quote above, I think the arguments begin when people explain to you their position, ie. why the Sierra 0.5 would be a nice to have.

I understand respecting and allowing one's opinion, but it seems you do not like it when someone counters your opinion, especially with examples/experience. I've seen the same thing happen to you in another forum as well. In fact, in regards to the subwoofer discussion, after you got the 3.3, you didn't come back here and say "you guys are right...I like the extension/output of the 3.3 better than the SB12."

I understand, you may like to counter popular opinion, but it is a two-way street.
    -curtis

Quote Originally Posted by azanon View Post
    I thought there was no reason for him to be rude to me and to start the argument. Once that happens, my options are to just take it, or to provide a measured response. I'm familiar with gang mentality, so you can go ahead and believe that I must be wrong because of numbers, but it simply won't make it so.

Sorry the thread's derailed, but that happened with post #73, IMO. Feel free to return to Sierra 0.5 discussion. As I said, I could probably use a center channel variant of it!
    azanon,

I would becareful who you claim started this debate. I simply stated an experience I have had with my ascend speakers. I felt obligated to chime in considering I have first hand experience with every current ascend model and you seem to advise others on models you have not even heard. As others have mentioned, you are the one causing the arguements not myself

I would appreciate it if you dont point fingers at me considering you are the one basing assumptions on something you have no firsthand experience with. I think maybe it is time you move on to a thread/forum where you can debate topics/products you may have more knowledge/experience with. I say this so that other readers of these threads can gain useful information on different speakers and configurations they are searching for.

I have to admit, I have never wrote anything like this ever before in any online forum/thread, but I felt it was necessary for the greater good.

I want to apologize to the others in this thread for my posts to az that are unrelated to the sierra .5's.

On topic,

I would like to reiterate how I love having sierra 1's as surrounds and how I feel sierra .5's would be a great addition to the family. More and more consumers are buying lossless recordings on blu-ray movies and the material being sent to the rear channels contains much more than background pops, bangs, echo's, and other noises as it did in years past with VHS, DVD, and etc.

Off to MN for business tomorrow!

Take care,

Brandon

Quote Originally Posted by curtis View Post
    I understand respecting and allowing one's opinion, but it seems you do not like it when someone counters your opinion, especially with examples/experience. I've seen the same thing happen to you in another forum as well.
    That's because azanon believes that contrary opinions must be an expression of what one truly feels, while favorable opinions, at least when they are popular in a forum/thread, are the result of blind loyalty.

Quote Originally Posted by curtis View Post
    In fact, in regards to the subwoofer discussion, after you got the 3.3, you didn't come back here and say "you guys are right...I like the extension/output of the 3.3 better than the SB12."
    Obviously trying to avoid being accused of blind loyalty or giving any indication of being part of a group, aside from contrarian.

Quote Originally Posted by Dread Pirate Robert View Post
    or giving any indication of being part of a group, aside from contrarian.
    lol. the contrarians!
    anyways, this is a tad off topic now-- I'd hate to see this thread get frozen

back on topic...

a) we know there is demand. besides those of us who have expressed a desire for them on this forum, dave mentioned that he's had inquiries from a distributor about something like this.

b) we know dave likes to design speakers.

c) we know that with the partnering with rythmik, he's not devoting any time to subwoofer development.

so logically, he's got to be at least playing with the idea on the back of a napkin...

Quote Originally Posted by ccotenj View Post
    back on topic...so logically, he's got to be at least playing with the idea on the back of a napkin...
    Paper towels are my preference

--- first prototype woofers have been ordered, but please understand this takes time -- lots of time. The chances of getting the woofers "just right" the first time around are slim at best.
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

Now that the .5s are a given and just a matter of time. The next consideration must be a Sierra 2. Perhaps a poll should be taken. I wonder how much interest there would be in a 2.

Quote Originally Posted by jvillas View Post
    Now that the .5s are a given and just a matter of time. The next consideration must be a Sierra 2. Perhaps a poll should be taken. I wonder how much interest there would be in a 2.
    Well, I don't consider the Sierra .5 as "a given".. It is not going to be easy to squeak out this type of performance from such a small speaker. I would say we are in the "investigative research" stages
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

i was going to say, i think i'd be more interested in a 2 than a .5... but I also like my Sierras just the way they are

Quote Originally Posted by davef View Post
    Paper towels are my preference

--- first prototype woofers have been ordered, but please understand this takes time -- lots of time. The chances of getting the woofers "just right" the first time around are slim at best.
    oh yea... i'm not expecting something anytime soon... i'm satisfied knowing that you are at least working on it...