Page 10 of 21 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Sierra .5?

Default Re: Sierra .5?

Quote Originally Posted by azanon View Post
    Most opinions here amount to blowing sunshine up Dave's ass. When that rare individual comes along that says what he really thinks and not just what someone wants to hear, a lot of people get bent out of shape, primarily out of jealously, and start an argument with someone like me. Case and point is you getting bent out of shape. I'd hand you a tissue if I could. I value truth and being real over people pleasing.
    Easy there, Az... I actually shared your opinion and disagreed with the majority here with regard to a Sierra .5, even when our Asian distributor requested such a product from me nearly 6 months ago. However, after receiving numerous emails and numerous requests for just such a product, I realized that my opinion did not reflect the majority opinion and I admit I was wrong and the demand for such a product does indeed exist.

I respect your opinion just as you respect mine (at least I hope)... You are free to post your opinions as is everyone else, but there is no reason for the colorful diatribe -- in the future, please refrain.

Thank you.
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

" even when our Asian distributor requested such a product from me nearly 6 months ago. "

I never knew you had an "Asian Distributor" for that matter any distributor ! Can I have the contacts of your Asian Distributor, please ??

George

Quote Originally Posted by davef View Post
    I actually shared your opinion and disagreed with the majority here with regard to a Sierra .5, even when our Asian distributor requested such a product from me nearly 6 months ago.
    I don't know whether the demand really exists for the smaller speaker, but I can understand Asian markets wanting a smaller speaker. We have a flat in India and I would say that all of our friends (even the ridiculously rich ones in big apartments and bungalows) are quite practical in their spending habits and frugal with space. An affluent friend from Goa visited us in the US. He liked the sound of the Sierras (digitally mastered Bhimsen Joshi CD's) but was going to buy a well known brand of satellite/sub because of their very small size and word of mouth.

Quote Originally Posted by Omanian View Post
    "I never knew you had an "Asian Distributor" for that matter any distributor ! Can I have the contacts of your Asian Distributor, please ??
    This is something new for us... please contact Spring Qin at spring.qin@yahoo.com.cn
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

Quote Originally Posted by merrymaid520 View Post
    azanon,

As to your last part of the post, of course you are allowed your opinion as anyone can have one here. The problem is that you post your opinions under the assumption everyone agrees with you,
    Says you. The reality is I'm pretty much universally disagreed with whenever I say anything that is short of a glowing recommendation for an Ascend product.

I am not bent out of shape,upset, or trying to start an arguement with anyone.
    You sure fooled me!

Take care and sorry if I came off to harsh,
    Brandon
    Apology accepted.
    Sierra-1 - Mains+Center
    Surrounds - HTM200SEs (x4 in back, and x2 Atmos)
    Sub - SVS PB-2000
    Receiver - Onkyo TX-RZ1100
    Oppo Darbee Edition Blue Ray
    Sony 4K blu ray player

Quote Originally Posted by curtis View Post
    Azanon, I think actual experience and comparison is what you really need to do. Your initial reaction is primarily of the "what I have is best for me and I will argue in favor of that without trying what is suggested". I think your track record shows that your initial opinion before actual experience is very different than your after experience final opinion. Your latest subwoofer scenario of your SB12 vs something that has deeper extension is a prime example of that.
    Feel free to remind me via a link, but I don't think I ever claimed that an SB12+ would outperform a VTF-3, Mk. 3, or any other sub of comparable size difference.

The SB12+ was/is tighter with the bass though. For music only, I could see someone still preferring the SB12+. For movies, .... sure the much larger VTF 3, MK3 is considerably more enjoyable.
    Sierra-1 - Mains+Center
    Sub - SVS PB-2000
    Sony 4K blu ray player

Default Re: Ahem

Quote Originally Posted by DougMac View Post
    Azanon,
    Many of us here including me, think you argue for argument's sake. There's often heat, but not much light.
    I actually understand where your perception error comes from. When you have an entire forum - how do I say it more pleasant this time - praising Dave's work, it stands out considerably when someone takes a different approach. And what's crazy about that is that I'm on record for loving all of the Ascend speakers. Wow, imagine if someone actually said they were poor!

Trolls argue for argument sake. If i wanted to troll, I assure you I'd go find a forum with far more participants than this one.

I think you confuse rudeness with "truth". You've been opinionated in the past, but here I think you're just being rude.

Doug
    I think his being rude to me first entitled me to respond as I did. I'm glad we have our opinions on record. Now provided my opinion is right here, that'd make your accusation rude, would it not?
    Last edited by azanon; 04-15-2009 at 08:16 PM.
    Sierra-1 - Mains+Center
    Sub - SVS PB-2000
    Sony 4K blu ray player

Quote Originally Posted by Quinn View Post
    If you value truth why don't you actually try the Sierra 1s out instead of dismissing them, and the opinions of those that have owned both the Sierra 1s and 340s, from your preconceived bias/reasoning? Must be nice to know the truth without hearing the Sierra 1.
    I haven't dismissed the Sierra-1. I want a pair eventually unless the Sierra-2 comes out before I have the money for it.

If you're referring to the fact that I'm aware that my 340SE has more output/greater sensitivity, and also supports bi-amping, I'm not sure what I'm supposed to say......? Was I supposed to say it won't bother me at all that I'd lose a bit with the upgrade?
    Sierra-1 - Mains+Center
    Sub - SVS PB-2000
    Sony 4K blu ray player

Quote Originally Posted by davef View Post
    You are free to post your opinions as is everyone else, but there is no reason for the colorful diatribe -- in the future, please refrain.

Thank you.
    I thought there was no reason for him to be rude to me and to start the argument. Once that happens, my options are to just take it, or to provide a measured response. I'm familiar with gang mentality, so you can go ahead and believe that I must be wrong because of numbers, but it simply won't make it so.

Sorry the thread's derailed, but that happened with post #73, IMO. Feel free to return to Sierra 0.5 discussion. As I said, I could probably use a center channel variant of it!
    Last edited by azanon; 04-15-2009 at 08:12 PM.
    Sierra-1 - Mains+Center
    Sub - SVS PB-2000
    Sony 4K blu ray player

Mods, don't worry, I see the same thing everyone else does. These speakers are for me (love Ascends), but this forum isn't. I do far better at forums where variety of opinions, including opposing ones, are welcomed and treated with respect. With that said, I'll take all future posts to AVS or other mass forums instead of here. That should make you guys happy, and it will make me happy too.
    Sierra-1 - Mains+Center
    Sub - SVS PB-2000
    Sony 4K blu ray player