Thread: New member want to know more about the speakers!

Default New member want to know more about the speakers!

Hello guys! This is my first post on this forum. I just recently bought some Axioms, but I am thinking of sending them back and exchanging for some Ascend speakers. I am from Japan so I have one small room just for the HT, which is very small. The size is as follow 12x9x10. Currently my setup consists of 3 M22's, 2 Qs8s and an Ep350. Don't know if any of you have ever had a change to compare Axiom against Ascend. I would like some advice on what to get for my room. I usually listen to more music than watch movies and I like lots of bass. Thanks for all help to come.

Default Re: New member want to know more about the speakers!

Any answer???????????
    Well thanks anyway.

Well....I can tell you that the comparable speaker in the Ascend line to the M22 is the CBM-170SE.

I have compared the old CBM-170 to the M22, they were similar, and it really boiled down the tweeter at that time.

Now, the 170 has improved, it would be interesting to compare again,
    -curtis

Quote Originally Posted by curtis View Post
    Well....I can tell you that the comparable speaker in the Ascend line to the M22 is the CBM-170SE.

I have compared the old CBM-170 to the M22, they were similar, and it really boiled down the tweeter at that time.

Now, the 170 has improved, it would be interesting to compare again,
    I used to own the m2i from Axiom and I've also owned several speakers from Ascend (170se, 340se, and Sierras) and I would not go back to Axiom. The Axioms can sound a bit shrill at times. Ascends have a much smoother sound without sounding too warm.

I am an Axiom M80 owner who just helped my sister put together a system. She bought the 340s with matching center with the 200s for the surrounds. To me the two are similarly good. Of course the M80s play a bit lower and I think the highs are a bit more pronounced, which I like. The QS series surrounds imo are superior to the Ascends.

If you have to pay return shipping from Japan I'm not sure they would sound so different to make it worth the money.

Then again, some 340s in front with the QS8s as surrounds would make for one hellofa system
    Last edited by Wid; 08-01-2010 at 07:43 AM.