Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: D15 Se setup

Default D15 Se setup

This is my first sub And I just got a D15 SE subwoofer a few minutes ago. It came with only a power cord and no instructions on how to set it up. I'm assuming I need to connect my sub cable to the line in. Does it make a difference when connecting to either the L/R? I just thought their would also be a single line in to connect to. Sorry, this is my first sub and just want to be sure I set it up right. I will be connecting it to a Denon 1909. Thanks.......
    Sierra-1 L/C/R
    CMB-170SE Surround
    Pioneer-5080
    Denon-1909
    Oppo-983
    Harmony-880

Default Re: D15 Se setup

Either L/R will work fine.
    -curtis

Thanks -curtis
    Sierra-1 L/C/R
    CMB-170SE Surround
    Pioneer-5080
    Denon-1909
    Oppo-983
    Harmony-880

There's no manual? I'll be receiving mine next week...

I received my sub a few weeks ago. There was a single page titled "A370PEQ Quick Guide" included in the box. It explains all the controls including how to connect to the inputs.

"For sub output from HT receiver/processor, one can use either of the two (R+L) line level inputs. A Y splitter can be used to connect a single source signal to both line level inputs. This connection increases the gain by 6db. It can be used for high efficiency front speakers where more subwoofer gain may be needed."

I'm sure if you contact Rythmik they'll gladly send you the guide. I wasn't able to locate it on their site.

Thanks for the reply's everyone.. I wasn't that concerned about not having the manual. But more concerned about which input to plug into and curtis came back with a fast response to my question. (thx again curtis) I'm coming from a $300 Pioneer HTIB and this is my first hi-end sub and just wanted to make I set it up right. I ran audyssey last night and set the cross over to 80, I have the sub set to +3.0 db. I'll try later on to see if I can get it closer to +1.0 db but so far it sounds great and blends in well with the Sierras. I know the sound will improve in the next week or two as the sub gets broken in. But as of right now I am extremely happy with the way things are sounding, but more tweaking to do. If anyone has any suggestions on some setting for Movies and Music that will get me close to where I should be, would be greatly appreciated.
    ps
    I did got to Rythmik's site to see if I could find the manual before posting here.
    Ascend is a great company with outstanding products and people.
    Last edited by Steve808; 01-31-2009 at 03:08 PM.
    Sierra-1 L/C/R
    CMB-170SE Surround
    Pioneer-5080
    Denon-1909
    Oppo-983
    Harmony-880

You may have already found it, but here's a link to Rythmik's recommended initial settings:

http://forum.ascendacoustics.com/sho...80&postcount=2

I leave all the settings in "max quality" mode for my normal listening levels (Rumble Filter off and Extension Filter set to 14hz/high damping). If I'm showing off with high SPL then I turn on the Rumble Filter and set the Extension Filter to 28hz/low damping.

There is a lot of information available if you cruise around the Rythmik Audio website. He goes into a lot of detail about the different settings.

I have uploaded the quick guides to the download area: amplifier manual. There are two important links in it about the phase/delay adjustment and curve plots for each function on the amplifier. Both links are from our website. They should be very useful for those who don't navigate our site as often as a jump start.
    Last edited by RythmikAudio; 01-31-2009 at 05:43 PM.

Thanks Milkfat,
    I found those setting last night and used them.
    T will check out Rythmik Audio's website for information on different settings
    Sierra-1 L/C/R
    CMB-170SE Surround
    Pioneer-5080
    Denon-1909
    Oppo-983
    Harmony-880

Quote Originally Posted by RythmikAudio View Post
    I have uploaded the quick guides to the download area: amplifier manual. There are two important links in it about the phase/delay adjustment and curve plots for each function on the amplifier. Both links are from our website. They should be very useful for those who don't navigate our site as often as a jump start.
    Thanks for the link Brian
    I love the piano blk look and feel of the sub, It has a very solid built feel to it.
    I'm getting it tuned in with my Sierras and loving how it blends in so well with them.
    I've been listening mostly to music thru out the day. top of my list is An Evening With FourPlay with Bob James, Lee Ritenour, Nathan East, Harvey Mason. is a great Jazz DVD to listen too.
    Sierra-1 L/C/R
    CMB-170SE Surround
    Pioneer-5080
    Denon-1909
    Oppo-983
    Harmony-880