Thread: Some good free music (jazzy/loungy female vocals)

Default Some good free music (jazzy/loungy female vocals)

I was looking at upcoming shows at a local venue and came across Bernadette Seacrest. When looking at her website, I found that she has basically two albums up for free. The newer one doesn't appear to be an official album yet, but I like it. Very nice voice - it's very Madeleine Peyroux. The other one has a slightly different sound (because of a different set of instruments backing her) and some classic songbook items (Dream a Little Dream, Aint Misbehavin).

I went to her show at the local venue on Wed night and it was excellent. Small venue (~100 people) with very well done sound (at least where I was sitting) and the three of them (singer, guitar, standing bass) sounded great. I picked up CD copies of two of the albums on the site (she hasn't made any CDs of the most recent one).

One is 160kbps mp3 and the other is 192kbps. Both sound quite good.

http://bernadetteseacrest.com/?page_id=7

Default Re: Some good free music (jazzy/loungy female vocals)

Very nice stuff, Thanks.

On the subject of free music, there are some really nice downloads out there for Steve Kimock Band.

Livedownloads.com has two free shows available: 03-07-09 and 03-08-09. The sound quality is fantastic.

While I'm at it, I should recommend another SKB show from archive.org that is an utterly amazing recording.

http://www.archive.org/details/skb2002-02-22.flac16

Enjoy!

Funny that you bumped this now. Bernadette just added a live show on the link above. The two tracks from Jan 21 are a show I attended and I recommend checking out the live stuff. The sound guy there is quite good, so they are nice quality.