Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Facebook users?

Default Facebook users?

Any of you use Facebook?

Looks like someone created an Ascend Acoustics group on Facebook:
    http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=61620496046
    -curtis

Default Re: Facebook users?

I have a cousin who lives in L.A. The last time I talked to him, he said he had a Facebook account and I should get one so we could keep in touch better. I just don't see how folks have the time. Between a wife, daughter, work and all the other obligations, I've never had time for Myspace or Facebook or whatever. It must be an age thing. I guess I'm too old. Maybe if I spent less time on audio forums?......
    - EVH III

Too damn funny Eddie!
    I am far from young, and felt the same way prior. Now I can waste time with the best of them.

Peace,

Jim

The Facebook thing is pretty interesting. I know it has been around for a while. I am in my 40's, and it seems that among my friends, the use of Facebook has exploded in the last 3 months.
    -curtis

I have noticed the same thing Curtis.

Although I probably spend too much time on facebook it has saved me time too.

For instance, I was able to invite a bunch of friends to an event by just clicking a few buttons and they can indicate whether they plan to attend or even invite others. It would take a lot more time to do the same thing by text messaging or phone calls.

I'm still not comfortable with all the transparency inherent with facebook, but I have found it to be a great tool to keep up with people and interests.

I wonder if DaveF would want to create a page for Ascend so we could become "fans" of Ascend Acoustics? The fine print for making a "fan" page says: "Note: Only an official representative of a brand, organization, or person is permitted to create a Facebook Page for that subject. Fake Pages and unofficial "fan pages" are a violation of our Terms of Use. If you create an unauthorized Page or violate our Terms in any way, your Facebook account may be disabled."

So Dave or an "official representative" (does volunteer moderator count? ) could set this up, maybe post a few pics. I think it would be cool. In the meantime i will join the group.

I've been a member of Facebook for several months now and find it a great way to stay in touch with people. I also joined this group -- we'll see where it goes.

I will message the owner and see if we can at least get the description filled out.
    -curtis

OK...got in contacted with Chris and made some changes to the group. Suggestions welcomed!
    -curtis