Thread: Just ordered dual F15s

Default Just ordered dual F15s

I am sure once I get them, I will need help with placing them, and optimizing their performance. For right now, I just wanted to say that I am really excited. I have a dedicated room that is around 1600 cubic feet. I have Era Design D5 bookshelf speakers for my mains. The Era D5LCR for my center and D4s for my surrounds. Now the waiting

Default Re: Just ordered dual F15s

Congrats! Let us know what you think when you get them.

Doug

With two F15s in that room, you will have plenty of high quality woofage to spare!
    -curtis

Quote Originally Posted by curtis View Post
    With two F15s in that room, you will have plenty of high quality woofage to spare!
    Hey Curtis. Previously, I had a JL F113 in the room. It was definitely more sub than I needed. I had to sell it for personal/money reasons, but the problem I had, was that with the sub in the front of the room, I had a ridiculous amount of room gain below 35 hz. Even with ARO EQ and dropping the the ELF trim (-12dB cut at 25 hz), I still had too much 16hz to 35hz response (I know tough problem to have ). When I put the F113 in the back of the room, I had a perfectly flat response with a slight rolloff below 25hz. I could get the response pretty flat with the JLs eq, but no matter what corner behind me I put it, I could feel where it was coming from. So I think I have some choices. With both behind me, I am hoping in opposite corners, I might be able to get it flat, and not feel the pressure from one side or the other. I might go with one in the front and one in the back to take advantage of all that room gain, although with one sub behind me, I am still a little worried about localization.

I am hoping with the two F15s, I can set them up to get the best of both responses (and not the worst of both responses ). On top of that, the two subs should give me at least as much output as the F113, possibly more. I am guessing, based on Ilka's measument of the 12", that adding 3-4 dBs to the numbers for the 15", and adding 3 dB's for duals (not 6dBs because they will not be co-located), the numbers would be a little better than the F113.

We will see. I am a tweaker, so hopefully with the help of Brian, Dave and the members here, I can get to music and movie nirvana.

Greg, I have heard the F112(not 113) on a few occasions, and I love that sub. If what they say is true between the 112 and 113, the only way I can see you being unhappy is if you hurt yourself while moving the subs around. So remember...use your knees and not your back!
    -curtis

"plenty of high quality woofage"

I just love the sound of that.......