Thread: Favorite Music Genre

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Favorite Music Genre

I would like to know what your favorite music genre is, and if you would like to give a few examples, artist, albums(CDs), and recommendations that would be great. I'll post mine shortly. Thanks

Default Re: Favorite Music Genre

OK, when I reach for a CD to play it is usually going to be one of the following genres, but please it is not by any means limited to,
    1. Classical, especially Chamber Music, Sonatas, Trios , Quartets etc. Usually strings, or piano and strings,Bach to Philip Glass
    2. Jazz, from any era, any type, including vocal, and new jazz, acoustic, electric, and electronic(computer).
    3. Reggae, from mid-sixties to present

When I go to hear live music my favorite is without question the BLUES. Hearing live Blues is simply a blast, followed by live reggae, both are great to dance to.

Funny, for commuting on my MP3 potable I'll have a few blues and reggae cuts, but its mostly classic rock and Pop.

Favorite music is the Blues, followed by 60's rock. Lately I have gotten into "world" music.

Cd's i would recommend:
    Angelique Kidjo, Djin Djin
    Roy Rogers, Slideways

Enjoy.

Jim

Calypso. I'm from the Islands.

Hard Rock/Metal-------mostly from the 80's

I would like to listen mostly Classical, rock,pop, techno, and metal. Metal is one of the my favourite genre in the music and I got a lots of metal songs DVDs in my music collection.