Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Subwoofer recommendations

Default Re: Subwoofer recommendations

I agree with you, without much marketing, it is even more testament to Dave's products and Ascend's success.

A great, honest, and reliable product, for an honest cost.
    -curtis

Quote Originally Posted by azanon View Post
    Just saying some companies who make incredible products (in any field) still often have a strong marketing strategy. One person can't do it all. Just speaking generally here - but it's very possible for a business to fail, yet have an incredible product or products. It happens all the time. I don't know whether I should feel special, or nervous, that Dave is still my sales rep.
    Ha --

I have said this privately to many, many customers who have asked similar questions. If Ascend were to actively market with the goal of selling a LOT more loudspeakers, there would be no possible way I could have as much hands-on time with our products nor could we continue to assemble the goods here.

I was a major part of a company that I loved dearly, that I devoted over ten years of my life too. I watched this company grow by leaps and bounds due to large marketing campaigns. Product quality took a hit and the company lost its "family" feel. Every employee felt this and experienced added pressure. In the latter part of the cycle, new product development simply stopped because engineering spent most of the time fixing problems and dealing with production issues.

I will never allow Ascend to go down this path... Uncontrolled growth can quickly end a company in this industry. Besides, I would much rather be testing/designing products than have to deal with moderating a forum
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

I will never allow Ascend to go down this path... Uncontrolled growth can quickly end a company in this industry. Besides, I would much rather be testing/designing products than have to deal with moderating a forum
    And this is why I am proud to be Ascend customer and will recommend your product every chance I get

Thank you!
    L/R - Sierra Towers
    Center - Sierra Horizon Tower
    Surrounds - 200SE
    SW - Dual PSA XV15's
    TV - Panasonic TC-P65VT60
    A/V Receiver - Denon AVR-4311CI
    Blu-ray/DVD - Sony BDP-S5100
    DVR STB - Motorola Arris X1

Just saying some companies who make incredible products (in any field) still often have a strong marketing strategy. One person can't do it all.

Just speaking generally here - but it's very possible for a business to fail, yet have an incredible product or products. It happens all the time.

I don't know whether I should feel special, or nervous, that Dave is still my sales rep.
    My observation after years of reading audio boards is that Ascend loyal customers usually are very analytical decision makers. One of the other popular ID brands has a strong following of emotion based decision makers. The two companies styles/leadership also seem to reflect.
    Last edited by Quinn; 01-21-2009 at 03:05 AM.

I've been happy with the Hsu STF-1 which I got last year - about as budget as you can get for a well respected product. I upgraded from a $300 HTIB setup and the difference in the way it fills in the low end is huge. It's also pretty small and doesn't get in the way.

However, if you need loudness I think you would want to spend a bit more. I have it turned up to about 80% of it's maximum with it placed immediately behind the couch. Casual movie watching with the family and kids is a lot more fun but if you like to turn up the volume it's probably not enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Gov View Post
    And this is why I am proud to be Ascend customer and will recommend your product every chance I get

Thank you!
    And thank YOU!
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

I totally endorse Dave’s point of view on this issue. There are some products that require the personal touch and speakers are one of them. As I had indicated before, Ascend was referred to me by one of the engineers working for a renowned speaker company who was one his way to the far-east to sort out some issues.

I continue to rave every second that I spent with my Ascends despite the logistic nightmare to have the speakers shipped at the way to the Middle East.

Quote Originally Posted by Omanian View Post
    I totally endorse Dave’s point of view on this issue. There are some products that require the personal touch and speakers are one of them. As I had indicated before, Ascend was referred to me by one of the engineers working for a renowned speaker company who was one his way to the far-east to sort out some issues.

I continue to rave every second that I spent with my Ascends despite the logistic nightmare to have the speakers shipped at the way to the Middle East.
    I never wanted to suggest, if i did so, that I have any problem with this either. As the customer/consumer, if I'm getting great speakers - and I am - then of course I'm happy. If Dave is making good money and enjoys his work, then that's great too, because that means we'll see more products in the future.

I just want Dave to be successful and thrive. In short, I'm on Dave's side. So I guess the other side, whichever side that is, doesn't have anyone.
    Sierra-1 - Mains+Center
    Surrounds - HTM200SEs (x4 in back, and x2 Atmos)
    Sub - SVS PB-2000
    Receiver - Onkyo TX-RZ1100
    Oppo Darbee Edition Blue Ray
    Sony 4K blu ray player

I just want Dave to be successful and thrive.

Dave is successful and thriving to Dave on his terms. Huge growth that could compromise things isn't his cup of tea. Just look at his taking a year to evaluate and decide which way to go with selling a sub.
    Last edited by Quinn; 01-27-2009 at 08:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Wasko View Post
    Looking for some advice on purchasing a new subwoofer. I have 340 Front and center speakers that I purchased about 4 years ago. Need a new sub but issue is that I'm on a serious budget right now...

Need some recommendations on lower cost sub that would will be somewhat powerful and perform well. I use the speakers primarily for TV, movies and music.

Thanks....
    No brainer. http://forum.ascendacoustics.com/showthread.php?t=3839