Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Re: Speed Racer

My son's favorite movie! Personally, I prefer the original cartoons
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

I personally enjoyed it more than I expected - given the reviews.
    Reviews I read about the movie seemed to get annoyed with the frenetic pace.
    After (only) watching the movie at home, I can see where watching it in a theater on a big screen could induce a bit of fatigue or headache.
    But, at home on my 50" (and in Bluray), I found that I really liked the movie - definitely more than I expected to.

It's not all that true to the original series but I can overlook some of that.
    I was kind of disappointed that racers didn't die in the movie. That was one of the things I always appreciated about the cartoon was that when other racers crashed in a firey ball, they didn't walk out of the wreckage with some soot on their face like Wiley Coyote would.

Mitch

i never watched the original cartoon beyond a few minutes hear and there when my college roommate was watching it on dvd, so that may be partly why i enjoyed this movie so much... and about the racers dying, a lot of them you don't end up seeing what happens to them... a few you see shoot out of their cars in that crazy foam bubble thing, but a lot of the rest i always wonder what happened to them. i guess they probably have foam bubbles, too.
    CMT-340SE2 Mains & Center, CBM-170SE Surrounds, Rythmik F15, Emotiva XMC-1, Emotiva XPA-5