Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Ear Height?

Thumbs up Re: Ear Height?

Quote Originally Posted by jvillas View Post
    Thank you, and Happy New Year to you. You know after so many years, I will still tweak my speakers now and than. Sometimes up,sometimes down, more toe in or less. I will move them closer to me or further. I'll bring them closer together or further apart. I guess I'm a little neurotic, or should I say a perfectionist, and I"m strictly a 2, 2.1 channel music fan. I just can't imagine if I had a HT set-up.
    jv, I understand your point of being neurotic as I have those tendencies as well. However, as time goes by I seem to be a bit more laid-back and passive up to a point. I have owned everything from Athena, Cerwin Vega, Paradigm, Infinity Primus, Polk, and finally Ascend. Like you, I am all about music.

With that being said, I just love my 340's. Many say they are better than the Paradigm Studio 40's. Personally, I never have cared for the 40's. Hence, the 340's are much better imho. Musically speaking, the 340's are very impressive. The combination of my 340's and my dual LFM-1Pluses do it for me. Even with ht, I am very happy. Once again, I would like to say thank you to Dave for (1) for designing excellent sounding speakers AND (2) offering them at very affordable prices. Kudos to Dave for doing so.

Cheers,

Phil
    Last edited by soundfreak38; 01-06-2009 at 02:48 PM.
    Tame the peaks, minimize the dips/nulls and ONLY then are YOU on YOUR way to bass nirvana!

Default Re: Ear Height?

Hi Guys,

With the 340 mains, ideal vertical height is achieved within a +/- 15 degree listening window. I also recommend a minimum height of 18" off the floor. The farther back you are from the speakers, the larger this window becomes. At ten feet back, the vertical listening window is approximately 5.5' If the tweeter is at 35", as long as you are within +/- 2.75', you are sitting within the ideal vertical listening window...
    Last edited by davef; 01-05-2009 at 01:41 PM.
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

Hey Dave....15 degrees, and 10 feet back, is that window 5.5 inches or feet?
    -curtis

Feet. 10 feet at 30 degrees(+/-15 deg.) = 64.31" roughly. So 5.5' is close enough for government work!
    Ed

* Sierra-2EX's W/V2 crossover upgrade
    * (2) Rythmik F12's
    * Parasound Halo P6
    * Audio by Van Alstine DVA-M225 Monoblock Amps
    * MiniDSP 2x4HD For Sub calibration
    *World's Best Cables Canare 4S11 speaker cables

Quote Originally Posted by curtis View Post
    Hey Dave....15 degrees, and 10 feet back, is that window 5.5 inches or feet?
    Doh, that should be 5.5 feet (+/- 2.75')
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

Quote Originally Posted by davef View Post
    Hi Guys,

With the 340 mains, ideal vertical height is achieved within a +/- 15 degree listening window. I also recommend a minimum height of 18" off the floor. The farther back you are from the speakers, the larger this window becomes. At ten feet back, the vertical listening window is approximately 5.5' If the tweeter is at 35", as long as you are within +/- 2.75', you are sitting within the ideal vertical listening window...
    Thanks dave for your help. Perhaps I am being a bit too anal regarding this. However, I am just trying to get everything dialed in just right. Appreciate your input! Hope all is well for you.

Cheers,

Phil
    Tame the peaks, minimize the dips/nulls and ONLY then are YOU on YOUR way to bass nirvana!

Quote Originally Posted by soundfreak38 View Post
    Thanks dave for your help. Perhaps I am being a bit too anal regarding this. However, I am just trying to get everything dialed in just right. Appreciate your input! Hope all is well for you.

Cheers,

Phil
    You are most welcome!!
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

Quote Originally Posted by davef View Post
    You are most welcome!!
    Dave, thanks once again for the useful information. I just hope it serves to help those out there that are merely "sitting on the fence" so to speak. Perhaps, some of them will become part of the Ascend Family. Just wished I had so much sooner!!!!

Cheers,

Phil

how does center channel placement work into all this? movies hone right into center almost exclusively during diaglogue, and having it above my tv it sometimes draws me upwards. is there anyway to fix this? (i have a 340se above my tv, on a slight decline pointing towards my couch, and the listening pos. is about 10ft away). having it below my tv screen worked a bit better, but blocked the screen by about 1-2"s, which was annoying as all get out.

I'm not being a smart a** but can you see the speaker sitting on top of the tv and if so have you turned the lights completely and watched a movie. Television speakers pretty much always blend in with the decore of the tv so your eyes don't divert to them the way they will with a speaker mounted separately.
    Jeff