Thread: CBM-170 and Banana plugs...

Default CBM-170 and Banana plugs...

I am using my 3 Sierra-1's with banana plugs and the plugs insert all of the way into my sierra's speaker terminals. I just tried using them with my cbm-170's and they do not insert all of the way into the speaker terminal. Please see the attached image. The sound seems fine, and I like them for the convenience but I am a bit concerned about them not going all of the way into the 170's. What do you think?

Default Re: CBM-170 and Banana plugs...

You can unscrew the terminals a bit.
    Jeff

Quote Originally Posted by debo View Post
    You can unscrew the terminals a bit.
    Or get shorter banana plugs. Otherwise they will probably be fine as they are. I have some long plugs that stick out as well, but I have replaced most of them with shorter ones (both types seen in this photo):

Quote Originally Posted by InstantEulogy View Post
    I am using my 3 Sierra-1's with banana plugs and the plugs insert all of the way into my sierra's speaker terminals. I just tried using them with my cbm-170's and they do not insert all of the way into the speaker terminal. Please see the attached image. The sound seems fine, and I like them for the convenience but I am a bit concerned about them not going all of the way into the 170's. What do you think?
    This is not a problem. Even if you switched to shorter length banana plugs, the amount of contact surface between the plug and binding post will be the same. Performance will not be compromised...
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com