Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 8910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: New fight against cancer charity raffle!

Thumbs up Re: New fight against cancer charity raffle!

Quote Originally Posted by davef View Post
    I am sorry to say far too many

As of today (09/14) there are 120 tickets left for this raffle. I would like to close this out so would anyone be against adjusting the prizes to represent what was collected and pick the winner in the next few days?

The remaining products that I have set aside for this raffle will be used for another charity event next year (for the same cause)

Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance for any input!
    I think that's a great idea Dave.

Default Re: New fight against cancer charity raffle!

Quote Originally Posted by chas View Post
    I think that's a great idea Dave.
    Cool.. I will work things out and send an email to everyone who has participated. I do have some wonderful news to share with regard to the Cancer Fund and I will share it once we pick the winners.
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

I think it is a good idea as well.
    -curtis

I too think it is a good idea Dave!

Sounds fine dave. I'm always excited for the next one too
    Jon O.

Good idea!
    Jeff

I forget how many tickets I have, but I know I have at least one

I am up for the adjustment and look forward to the drawing. And regardless I'm happy to have contributed.

I'm in for two more.
    Last edited by Jonnyozero3; 09-14-2009 at 04:02 PM.
    Jon O.

Quote Originally Posted by davef View Post
    I am sorry to say far too many

As of today (09/14) there are 120 tickets left for this raffle. I would like to close this out so would anyone be against adjusting the prizes to represent what was collected and pick the winner in the next few days?

The remaining products that I have set aside for this raffle will be used for another charity event next year (for the same cause)

Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance for any input!
    I was part of the problem.. Since it always seemed like there were plenty of tickets, I kept putting off buying any. I think a deadline would help generate some last minute interest.

( I just bought two )

Quote Originally Posted by Jonnyozero3 View Post
    I'm in for two more.
    Quote Originally Posted by pj- View Post
    I was part of the problem.. Since it always seemed like there were plenty of tickets, I kept putting off buying any. I think a deadline would help generate some last minute interest.

( I just bought two )
    Thanks Jon and PJ!

Let’s do this -- Deadline will be 5:00pm PST this Friday. To keep the chances of winning a prize high, we will have 4 winners as originally planned (1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th). I will adjust the awards accordingly based on the number of tickets sold and any prizes that have been set aside and not awarded will be used for a future event.

For some good news, while I won't share the total numbers just yet, but thanks to various other donations that will remain anonymous (unless they come forth), we have actually exceeded our original target.

I am most pleased to say that through the combined efforts of everyone, we have indeed established a brand new cancer research fund in the name of my father.

The Michael Fabrikant Fund for Oral Cancer Research

A beautiful plaque will soon be inscribed and mounted atop the memorial board at Sloan Kettering. My brother will take pictures at the small ceremony and I will post them here. It is doubtful that I will be able to attend.

In addition, all future donations should be sent directly to the research fund. I will be able to confirm and verify each donation.

We could not have done this without you! Besides being a beautiful act of generosity, this fund, which I am 100% committed to keeping active and funded year after year, will hopefully lead to much less invasive and less traumatizing procedures for the treatment of various types of oral cancers. Who knows, perhaps WE will be responsible for funding a cure.

The suffering my father had to endure for nearly 5 years will not be in vain.

I will never be able to thank all of you enough... It is truly an honor to have all of you as both customer and friend. I honestly do not think I would have made it through these rough times without all of you.

Thank you...
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com