Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: New fight against cancer charity raffle!

Default Re: New fight against cancer charity raffle!

Congrats Jerry!! A wonderful way to upgrade from your classic CBM-170's!
    -curtis

Awesome! Congrats Jerry!

Quote Originally Posted by jerryg View Post
    I had to go back and check several times before I could believe it, but it looks like #70 is me!

As a current Ascend 170 Classic owner, and a lover of the one-off cherry finish, I am ecstatic!!!

Though I feel a bit guilty for accepting such a special set.

However, I'm glad to have supported such a worthy cause that even affects someone I know personally. Thank you to everyone who contributed. You can come over and look (and listen) to these special Sierras anytime.
    That's fantastic. You're going to love them, I'm sure

Dave - your boy is hilarious. Great video, and a fantastic way to do the raffle.

Although, I think there may have been a switch made when the paper was dropped on the floor....conspiracy!!!
    Jon O.

Talking Re: New fight against cancer charity raffle!

I personally think that there were (2) 70's in that bag, and the lil hook in that one meant it was SUPPOSED to be # 90.....

Of course I could be wrong.......

Congrats Jerry, coming from 170 classics should be awesome.

66 and 67, so close but no cigar. Darn! I still have my fingers crossed for the other raffle though, and either way I'm glad to have supported a good cause.

Congrats to #70!

Dave, your kid has quite the stage presence.

03/24/09 -- 140 tickets left for raffle # 2

We have a long way to go....
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

alright, I finally have some extra dollars after moving- so I want to put in for the raffle/donation. If I were to send a check, what exactly do you want written on it?(to whom do I write it for, any other special indications) and I can't seem to readily find your business address, but I'm sure I'm just looking in the wrong places on the site

Quote Originally Posted by scape View Post
    alright, I finally have some extra dollars after moving- so I want to put in for the raffle/donation. If I were to send a check, what exactly do you want written on it?(to whom do I write it for, any other special indications) and I can't seem to readily find your business address, but I'm sure I'm just looking in the wrong places on the site
    Hi Scape -- this won't be a problem. Our business address is listed on the "contact us" page of our website, which can be found under the menu item "support".

Please make the check payable to "Ascend Acoustics" and mail to our business address. Please include a note with your full contact information, including email address. In the memo field of the check, please write "MSKCC raffle".

Thank you!!!
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

Some great news to share with all of you...

Due to the hard work and kindness of our friends at Memorial Sloan Kettering, we have now targeted a specific area of research.

"Gene Therapy

Dr. Richard J. Wong is leading the Head and Neck Service's research program in the field of oncolytic viral gene therapy. Working in collaboration with Dr. Yumon Fong, Dr. Wong is studying the application of genetically engineered herpes viruses as therapy for head and neck cancer. His laboratory research has shown that these replication-competent, attenuated, oncolytic viruses have a unique ability to infect and kill a variety of head and neck cancers and thyroid cancers. Dr. Wong has also studied different methods of delivering these vectors to cancers in animal models, including intratumoral injection for primary tumors, lymphatic delivery for nodal metastases, and systemic intravenous administration for distant metastases. Dr. Wong is particularly interested in investigating the use of oncolytic herpes virus to deliver inserted cytokine transgenes. His research has demonstrated that the expression of IL-12 by an oncolytic herpes virus leads to significant enhancement of therapy by generating a host anti-tumoral T-cell response and anti-angiogenic mechanisms. This innovative work has been nationally recognized by funded awards from the Flight Attendant Medical Research Institute, the American College of of Surgeons, the American Society of Clinical Oncology, and the American Head and Neck Society. Dr. Wong's ultimate goal is to bring these promising novel agents to clinical application in our patients suffering from head and neck cancer."

This is cutting-edge technology and we chose this specific area of research out of dozens of other options for oral and head & neck cancers. We felt that this area of research offers real hope for a cure and unlike other areas of research, this option was not limited to oral cancers caused by smoking (my father did not smoke)

It is important to note, by pure coincidence, that the head of this area of research, Dr. Richard Wong, was my father's surgeon and called my dad "His Hero". This was not a factor in choosing the specific area of research but it is a REALLY NICE bonus
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

That's great Dave - fantastic even. It's amazing what science is accomplishing these days. Just imagine what 2100 will be like....maybe cancer will be a thing of the past.
    Jon O.