Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: New fight against cancer charity raffle!

Default Re: New fight against cancer charity raffle!

what an incredible post. i had a meeting to go to after reading and i was trying not to tear up! haha

i was ready to donate before even finding out about the raffle. the fact that you are giving so much for this cause is just as powerful a testament to your father as the original post.

Sorry for your loss Dave, I know how difficult it is because I also lost my father to cancer. The raffle is a wonderful thing to do in tribute to your dad.
    -- Tom --
    My HT

I extend my heartfelt condolences Dave. That was honestly very difficult for me to read. I know probably most of us here have been affected in one way or another by cancer but your family's ordeal is truly one of the saddest I've ever heard.

From what you've mentioned of your father I'd say he'd be extremely proud of you for what you're doing.

Count me in for doing my small part.

Dave, you have my condolences. My grandfather, who did not have oral cancer, but prostate, also went through part of the same ordeal when it spread into his neck and other places. I have seen the horror that is face/neck radiation and commend you in your desire to set up the fund in your father's name. May God bless you and yours.
    - EVH III

I read my father's story- after having lived it- and it still seems like it just can't be real. Only it is. I am David's little sister- Michael's youngest child and only daughter. I live close to my parents, and am a physician, so was very involved in the day to day nightmare that we were living. I have seen and cared for many ill patients- but to see my own father so devastatingly sick, was almost more than I could take.... BUT- The strength and courage that my father showed each and every minute of every single day was astounding, and if he could get through the day.. and choose life- than I had better too- for I truly believe that he was enduring all that he was for me, my brothers, my mother, and his grandchildren. He wanted to be here to enjoy his family and his friends... so to honor him- PLEASE make sure you do what he wished he would. ENJOY all the moments with your loved ones. Treasure them. Do not take them for granted. As so many of you know- a diagnosis of cancer can come out of the blue, in the blink of an eye- and turn your world upside down. Nothing is ever the same. Whether it is oral cancer, ovarian cancer, pancreatic cancer, brain cancer, lung cancer, melanoma, colon, breast, prostate, kidney, thyroid, leukemoa, lymphoma, liver cancer or any of the many other kinds of cancer- It's Cancer- and its awful. My heart goes out to each and every one of you who has been affected in some way by this nightmare of a disease. Thank you from the bottom of my heart for your kind words, support, and generosity. Stay strong. You are not alone.
    Rebekah

Wonderful message Rebekah! Having lost both of my parents, one to brain cancer, the best that I can do is live a life they would be proud of. Which looks to be exactly what you and your brother are doing.
    As always, you and your family are in my prayers.

Peace,

Jim

Thanks to all of you for your support!!!

It means tons to me and my family and I feel really good that we are doing this...
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

Dave and Beka -

My condolences, I lost my dad just over a year ago. For the upcoming holiday I have my 13 year old pulling out old pics of him to make a collage.

Gene

Dave:

Thanks for doing this. My donation has been sent. In times like these I find it best to take the time to count your blessings. Its apparent that family is important to you. Take it from an old-timer, its really all about family and friends in life.

I surmise from your sharing statements, your dad was really proud of you. I'll tell you why that's so. Your business success is one thing but your grasp of enjoying family and friends is what your dad was most proud to bestow on you. Its up to you now to pass the gift to your own children.

Remember than true joy and happiness can not fully be appreciated unless one experiences deep pain and sorrow. That my friend, was your father's last gift to you. You'll know what this truly means some day.

If there is anything you need, just ask.

A Friend.

David,

This is a great thing that you are doing to honor the memory of you father. I too lost my father to cancer, and applaud your efforts to direct a cancer research fund at Memorial Sloan Kettering.

I have purchsed a ticket for each of the raffles and wish you all success.

My condolences to you and your family during this difficult time.

Jim