Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Why no Hsu?

Default Re: Why no Hsu?

Hi Az,

It all comes down to semantics, we BOTH mean the same thing. To prove my point (and please don't take this the wrong way), when you made this statement
    Wish I had time to link you several threads that would show evidence of this, including one from David F. himself. David started supported the "large" setting as early as the 340 classic, supported it more with the 340SE, and outright suggets it with the Sierra-1. He used to sell HSU subs, so when HSU wasn't specifically mentioned, I assume it applies.

If Rythmik are as musical as they are being claimed to be, I fully expect the "small" setting recommendation to start happening again, including for the Sierra-1 now that the HSU's are out of the picture. Since I brought it up, lets here the opinion?; Large or Small, if you own a pair of Sierra-1's and a Rythmik?
    I made the assumption (wrongfully) that you were referring to using speakers full range combined with a subwoofer. To me, large means speakers full range only, no relation to subwoofer functionality since this is almost always controlled by a separate setting. If you would have mentioned large with no subwoofer, - a train wreck would have been avoided

My assumptions are based on correspondences with tens of thousands of consumers and enthusiasts. Thus resulting in the need for precise clarity -- as MikeS stated, you would be surprised at just how many consumers don't fully understand large/small etc. Many of our own customers have run their speakers as large + subwoofer and I know at least 2 of them that actually prefer their 340 SE mains as large combined with the subwoofer being active (even though I don't recommend this)

I trust we are both 100% clear now
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

Ahh, pack mentality.

TBH, I think you guys owe me. We passed the daily average of 3 posts here within minutes.

Are we finally done with this one?

Wink Re: Why no Hsu?

I think alot of folks here are enjoying their sound instead of posting consistently about what is better, and whether they should upgrade to the next thing.

Geez, I surely could be wrong, but thanks for the help regarding the amount of posts we have here in 24 hrs....

That was immensely helpful, and I'm sure the world will notice any minute now!!

Quote Originally Posted by davef View Post
    I made the assumption (wrongfully) that you were referring to using speakers full range combined with a subwoofer. To me, large means speakers full range only, no relation to subwoofer functionality since this is almost always controlled by a separate setting. If you would have mentioned large with no subwoofer, - a train wreck would have been avoided
    Large with no subwoofer just takes longer to type, and my mistake was thinking telling someone like you or Curtis that, would just be assumed and redundant. Both you and him knows worlds more than I do about speakers so that's why I'm so quick to assume everything I know goes for you guys as well.

My assumptions are based on correspondences with tens of thousands of consumers and enthusiasts. Thus resulting in the need for precise clarity -- as MikeS stated, you would be surprised at just how many consumers don't fully understand large/small etc. Many of our own customers have run their speakers as large + subwoofer and I know at least 2 of them that actually prefer their 340 SE mains as large combined with the subwoofer being active (even though I don't recommend this)

I trust we are both 100% clear now
    We're perfectly clear, and thanks for being a diplomat too.

Quote Originally Posted by muzz View Post
    I think alot of folks here are enjoying their sound instead of posting consistently about what is better, and whether they should upgrade to the next thing.
    That's been my excuse as an Ascend owner since Dec 03'

Geez, I surely could be wrong, but thanks for the help regarding the amount of posts we have here in 24 hrs....

That was immensely helpful, and I'm sure the world will notice any minute now!!
    If that's sarcasm, don't underestimate my ability to draw attention. ha!

Quote Originally Posted by curtis View Post
    Actually, depending how you look at that statement, I think we are in agreement.
    touche. I like you, man.

Quote Originally Posted by azanon View Post
    That's been my excuse as an Ascend owner since Dec 03'

If that's sarcasm, don't underestimate my ability to draw attention. ha!
    What "Excuse" would that be?
    Are you unhappy with your Ascends?
    If so, try something else...no big deal, and I promise that noone here will give you a ration regarding that choice..... unlike some other "Busier" forums.

Quote Originally Posted by muzz View Post
    What "Excuse" would that be?
    Are you unhappy with your Ascends?
    If so, try something else...no big deal, and I promise that noone here will give you a ration regarding that choice..... unlike some other "Busier" forums.
    OMG i'm being misunderstood left and right. I obviously am to blame given the frequency! Sorry everyone.

I was just saying that was my excuse for not being here - I was ALSO away enjoying my wonderful Ascend speakers and, thus, not posting here much. I said that directly under a quote hoping to be understood.

Talking Re: Why no Hsu?

Quote Originally Posted by azanon View Post
    OMG i'm being misunderstood left and right. I obviously am to blame given the frequency! Sorry everyone.

I was just saying that was my excuse for not being here - I was ALSO away enjoying my wonderful Ascend speakers and, thus, not posting here much. I said that directly under a quote hoping to be understood.
    I actually figured that.

Enjoying the system.....

After a busy week, and lots of food yesterday, the kids and I sat down and watched "The Incredible Hulk". It was fun, but as our dog is getting older, she dislikes the 2 hours of "loudness".

Now we are off to the Griffith Park Observatory.
    -curtis