Quote Originally Posted by azanon View Post
100% correct. Thanks for the summary

The confusion.... Curtis.... is when David says things like the following - this stated in THIS thread:

David F, "Yes, I prefer the Sierra-1's on large but that is with no subwoofer, of which I have referenced in dozens of posts."

He's the one responsible for the confusion. As you summarized and as I stated in length, "large" means no subwoofer runs whether you have one or not. So if David F. or any audio hobbyist says they prefer to "run a speaker large", they are saying - whether they realize it or not - that they like to use it without a subwoofer. David has told us he has a sub in his house, so I and everyone else was assuming he has a great sub, but he still prefers to play the Sierra-1 without it.

It wouldn't make any sense (because it would go without saying) to say you prefer to run a speaker large if you didn't have a subwoofer in the first place. As David already conceded, its simply wrong to set a speaker to small if you have no sub, regardless of the performance of the main.

I agree David - the readers deserve the confusion to be cleared up. And you're the one that needs to do it. You're a workaholic on making those speakers. Take a day off, grab your receiver manual at home and, as they say,..... RTFM. With love and happy thanksgiving, Az.

Actually, there are many people who like to run their speakers as LARGE WITH A SUBWOOFER. Sumiko, the company that imports and markets Sonus Faber and Vienna Acoustics speakers recommends running nearly all of their speakers this way.

What I am confused about is why you are so confused. What DaveF has said make perfect sense to me.