Thread: Anyone using 50 watts or less for the Sierra-1?

Default Anyone using 50 watts or less for the Sierra-1?

I will be using April Music's Aura Note. It says 50 watt mosfet single-ended power amplifier (whatever the hell that means) and want to make sure it will do the the Sierra-1 justice.

http://www.aprilmusic.com/main/sub02_01.html

Default Re: Anyone using 50 watts or less for the Sierra-1?

I'm using a 65W HK AVR-435 and it drives them just fine. I'm sure they'd appreciate some more headroom, but they sing quite well.
    Jon O.

Quote Originally Posted by TKYR67 View Post
    I will be using April Music's Aura Note. It says 50 watt mosfet single-ended power amplifier (whatever the hell that means) and want to make sure it will do the the Sierra-1 justice.
    We have a few other customers using this exact same integrated amp and I have heard nothing but raves about the combination
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

Quote Originally Posted by TKYR67 View Post

http://www.aprilmusic.com/main/sub02_01.html
    Man, my dad has my "old" (only 3 years old) 40 watt/channel Harmon driving at least one 6-ohm Rocket (a bigfoot) in a full 5.1 setup. I can take that receiver to an "even dB" (meaning, volume all the way up), and not hear even a hint of distortion. Amp quality >>>>>> whatever its wattage is. And at an "even db", I can stay in the room, but I wouldn't want to leave it there that long because I'd like to be able to hear when I'm old

But just to be safe, my new Marantz is 110watts/channel
    Last edited by azanon; 11-29-2008 at 08:11 AM.

The Sierra-1's are fantastic speakers.

I am currently running mine with a 120wpc Newcastle Reciever. They sound great but I think they could use more power. I have cranked them to the maximum volume the reciever can put out and the speakers took it without issue.