Thread: Time for a new DVD player...

Whats your budget? The Denon 2200 is a nice unit with great performance and features.

Paul, I've been totally satisfied with my Denon 2200. It has great video capabilities, although I bought it for it's ability to play both SACDs and DVD-As.

I would have to say that my budget would be around $600 tops for the DVD player. I would like to buy a DVD player that I'll own for years to come, and I am slightly hesitant to blow a lot of money because of the newer High-def DVD machines that will be coming out in the next few years. I do want something that plays standard music CD's well because my current Sony doesn't and now that I have my Ascends I really would like to upgrade. I have a Denon receiver and have been highly satisfied with it which is one reason I am looking at the 2200. Maybe I should just go with the Denon 910....

My Technics did a weird thing yesterday: began to vibrate with several CDs. I turned off the volume to be sure it wasn't the 170s, and it was a sound emanating from the DVD player. When I pushed on the top, it quieted.
    Other CDs, no problem.

Is this the sign of a BAD DVD/CD player (it was an el cheapo when we got it 2 or 3 years ago)?

Pegleg