A battle of historical proportions is coming to an end...

My dear father, a true warrior in every sense of the word, has emerged victorious. At this point, he has less than a few days at best but I consider his 5 year battle against this all-consuming enemy, cancer, a victory for him. He has done everything humanly possible to live. Most others in his situation would have given up years ago. Even now, as he rests peacefully in his bed while the strongest pain killers known to man drip into his blood, he refuses to let go.

A gentle squeeze from his hardened hand, a subtle grin - he lets us know in his way that he is still with us -- still fighting.

His hospice nurses are amazed at his strength; his doctor's at Sloan Kettering have called him their personal hero. In his time of transition, he has taught me what it truly means to live, what is important --- what truly matters.

Though there are many tears being shed, an equal number of smiles and giggles emerge from the young grandkids, the reason for my father's iron will to live.

Please be patient with us for the next week or so. Shipping should continue as normal but technical phone inquiries and emails might be delayed by a few days.

Thank you in advance for your understanding and patience. You are my extended family and the source of much of my strength -- and I need every last ounce of it so that I can be strong for my mother and my children.

Kind wishes to all of you...