Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Anyone compared Sierra-1 to Swan D2.1SE

Default Re: Anyone compared Sierra-1 to Swan D2.1SE

Quote Originally Posted by curtis View Post
    It is not exactly the same. For better or worse, the units in the Sierras are customized.
    Well I sure hope it's for the better then! I just looked it up, its true, says that it's customized, but no details...

Anyhow, I don't think Ascend has any envy for Totem drivers... Actually, I had Ascend driver envy when I had Totems... The 2 x 6.5 of the 340SE were catching my eye for some reason, the 4.5 and 5.5 inchers of Totem just did not seem like much in comparison (just by looks/guess, as I couldn't hear any Ascends back then)... But now I have 5.5 inches in the Sierras so although size does matter, I've learned better!

But Totem... I'd give a good look at Dynaudio, they use Dynaudio woofers and tweeters, and design, and cabinet, before buying Totem... Dynaudio everything! Dynaudio also look pretty good, but their big down side is that they cost quite a bit more than Sierras or Swans...

I also have the pianos, look great, but as I said, sound is the priority so the look is only a bonus. I really doubt you'd be disappointed...
    Last edited by GirgleMirt; 11-12-2008 at 04:01 PM.

Default Re: Anyone compared Sierra-1 to Swan D2.1SE

The guy I bought my amp from has Dynaudio Focus 140's.
    I have asked for a comparison shootout, which he was up for, but we haven't gotten together yet.
    I've heard his system, sounds sweet.... my guess is the Sierras will hold their own for alot less cash.