Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: What about the sealed Sierra-1?

Default Re: What about the sealed Sierra-1?

I have TWC out here in NYC and share the sentiments; it's pretty much garbage, but it's the only thing we can get.

Quote Originally Posted by c_smith View Post
    I have TWC out here in NYC and share the sentiments; it's pretty much garbage, but it's the only thing we can get.
    Yes, total garbage! I am trying to see how quickly I can have a DSL line put in. I have had it with them, I have wasted enough time on the phone.
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

Well, apparently I am not alone in experiencing TW internet problems. It seems 1.2 million people are experiencing the same problem. http://www.dslreports.com/forum/r208...ng-on-in-SoCal

and

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/tech...your-time.html

Funny thing, after spending 2 hours on the phone with Time Warner - they told me that they had not received any other reports of problems

I have no idea when this is going to be resolved. Can't exactly upload my data and post updates by way of my Treo smart phone. I haven't been this angry in a while...
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

It's a DNS problem? Interesting.

BTW, eventhough I am on Verizon FiOS, which I love, I use OpenDNS.
    -curtis

Hi Curtis,

It is, unfortunately, not just a DNS problem now. Tried using OpenDNS, no such luck. Consulted with a few experts this evening and the entire network is now having major problems.

Trying to figure out how to use my smart phone as a modem
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

Quote Originally Posted by davef View Post
    Hi Curtis,

It is, unfortunately, not just a DNS problem now. Tried using OpenDNS, no such luck. Consulted with a few experts this evening and the entire network is now having major problems.

Trying to figure out how to use my smart phone as a modem
    There should be a usb cable and software on a cd that came with the phone. I use it on my laptop at times.

Is your business operation using the network (suppliers, etc)?

I've got a pretty long resume with ISPs, networks, Microsoft infrastruture, and now SAP ERP. I'd expect a company your size is growing somwhat rapidly.

You may not need it now, but I would suggest you task someone to price out getting a internet connection at your office and price out a small business ERP solutions like SAP or microsoft dynamics. Like I said, you may not need it now, but if you grow you will, and the transition later will be easier if you have an idea what's out there.

Quote Originally Posted by dallas View Post
    You may not need it now, but I would suggest you task someone to price out getting a internet connection at your office and price out a small business ERP solutions like SAP or microsoft dynamics. Like I said, you may not need it now, but if you grow you will, and the transition later will be easier if you have an idea what's out there.
    Hi Dallas,

We have a business class DSL line at our office that has been nearly perfect for us. Been down only 1 hour in the past year. The problems I was having with TW Internet were at my home office. Funny thing with TW Internet, they still haven't "admitted" to me that there was a problem, telling me that a tech needs to come see my modem. The tech must have broke into my home while I was not home and replaced the modem, because magically, everything was working fine early this morning

Thanks for your advice -- I am somewhat familiar with ERP (and MRP) solutions. We do have a networked accounting system that assists us with basically all we need -- not quite a full blown ERP system but it suits our needs now. I do hope to be able to grow out of it though
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

For those interested in a "sealed" Sierra-1:

http://forum.ascendacoustics.com/showthread.php?t=3781
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com