Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bamboo Veneer

Default Re: Bamboo Veneer

Quote Originally Posted by clarke68 View Post
    I encourage you to at least look in to it. I also encourage you to have enough prototype cabinets built that you could hook up ccotenj and I when you're done with them...
    my man...

but like i said, if dave is happy with the existing enclosures, we KNOW that they are "good enough"... and if the bamboo drove the price up to around $1.5k, that becomes a pretty tough neighborhood to play in...

in the meantime, bamboo veneer on the front-firing 15" pretty please

Perhaps DaveF/Rythmik could provide JasonColeman with a diagram of the enclosures and he could price out building one-off Bamboo enclosures to use with the Rythmik kits (they are different sizes than the diagrams supplied by Rythmik.

since jason uses plyboo for the stands (and they sure are pretty, i have 3 of them), it probably doesn't have the structural integrity that the stuff dave uses for the sierra has...

of course, that's a guess, but i imagine the plyboo idea crossed dave's mind somewhere along the way...

Quote Originally Posted by BradJudy View Post
    Perhaps DaveF/Rythmik could provide JasonColeman with a diagram of the enclosures and he could price out building one-off Bamboo enclosures to use with the Rythmik kits (they are different sizes than the diagrams supplied by Rythmik.
    Hi Brad,

While Jason's wood working skills are excellent, making large subwoofer enclosures like these is nearly impossible without a top quality CNC router, multiple people to assist and loads of empty space. Jason would also have to consider packaging methods... The labor involved and the logistics would simply be too complex.
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

Has there been any more talk of bamboo subs? I have an order in for a D15 (waiting for more to come in stock). But I'd cancel that and order a bamboo one if there are any available.

Quote Originally Posted by logicology View Post
    Has there been any more talk of bamboo subs? I have an order in for a D15 (waiting for more to come in stock). But I'd cancel that and order a bamboo one if there are any available.
    That has become lower priority now.