Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: F15 and D15SE comparison

Default Re: F15 and D15SE comparison

Good to know. If the rythmik is close in comparsion to the JL fathoms, that says alot considering the great reputation they have for accurate musical bass. Those seem to be considered some of the best in terms of musical sealed subs. For the rythmiks to come fairly close in performance, for a ton less cash, thats great news!

Thanks Curtis! I may just try one of the 15" Rythmiks.

Brandon

It is correct that F15 and D15SE both use the same driver/amplifier combination. D15SE should not be used on wood subfloor. Otherwise, it will transmit a bulk of acoustic energy to the wood subfloor. However, if it is used on a concrete subfloor, the enclosure will be more stable. I would also recommend the xover frequency to be around 60hz if possible, and not higher than 80hz.

Hope this helps.

When you say not on a wood flr, most people have plywood for subflooring then carpet over the top. This would eliminate alot of potential people from buying the D15 for its Piano finish? I myself have the carpet over the plywood and want the D15 for its matching finish with my sierras, will this be ok?

Thanks,

Brandon

Quote Originally Posted by merrymaid520 View Post
    When you say not on a wood flr, most people have plywood for subflooring then carpet over the top. This would eliminate alot of potential people from buying the D15 for its Piano finish? I myself have the carpet over the plywood and want the D15 for its matching finish with my sierras, will this be ok?

Thanks,

Brandon
    If you do have to consider D15SE on a wood subfloor, do a foot stump test in the room and then on the spot of sub placement. Not all wood subfloors are created eqaul. If you hear the vibration transmit to walls, then it is not a good place to have downfiring sub. Some areas of wood subfloor can still use downfiring subs, for instance, the area where there is wall beneath it. The wall below is essential to ensure minimal subfloor vibration. It is like bracing

In my situation, the sub is up against an outside wall that is poured concrete below in the basement. If it were in the middle of the room that might be a problem. The house is only 5 yrs old and the floor is very rigid with no squeaking or vibrations. Thoughts?

Brandon

edit: To cheat the downfiring sub I have heard others placing them on a side also.

Quote Originally Posted by RythmikAudio View Post
    It is correct that F15 and D15SE both use the same driver/amplifier combination. D15SE should not be used on wood subfloor. Otherwise, it will transmit a bulk of acoustic energy to the wood subfloor. However, if it is used on a concrete subfloor, the enclosure will be more stable. I would also recommend the xover frequency to be around 60hz if possible, and not higher than 80hz.

Hope this helps.
    learn something new every day Now I really want to see a F15 in bamboo veneer or a bamboo enclosure. That for me will be the sub to get.

How much difference would Auralex gamma make on a wodden floor down down firing sub?

Quote Originally Posted by Sam1000 View Post
    How much difference would Auralex gamma make on a wodden floor down down firing sub?
    I use one of these SubDude's under my Mirage S12 and quite frankly I think it was wasted money. I don't think I have seen one single measurement where it improves anything.
    I spoke to Chad the owner of Epik Subwoofers and asked him about these isolation platforms. He said he has never noticed any benefit with one and told me to just put the sub on the floor like it was designed to do.
    Maybe Brian from Rythmik would comment on this.
    L/R - Sierra Towers
    Center - Sierra Horizon Tower
    Surrounds - 200SE
    SW - Dual PSA XV15's
    TV - Panasonic TC-P65VT60
    A/V Receiver - Denon AVR-4311CI
    Blu-ray/DVD - Sony BDP-S5100
    DVR STB - Motorola Arris X1

Quote Originally Posted by Gov View Post
    I use one of these SubDude's under my Mirage S12 and quite frankly I think it was wasted money. I don't think I have seen one single measurement where it improves anything.
    I spoke to Chad the owner of Epik Subwoofers and asked him about these isolation platforms. He said he has never noticed any benefit with one and told me to just put the sub on the floor like it was designed to do.
    Maybe Brian from Rythmik would comment on this.
    The only make a difference if the floor is raised wood, or carpeted on raised wood. If it is concrete beneath the carpet or tile, then they will have no impact.
    -curtis

Quote Originally Posted by curtis View Post
    The only make a difference if the floor is raised wood, or carpeted on raised wood. If it is concrete beneath the carpet or tile, then they will have no impact.
    Do you mean a plywood subfloor then carpeted or tiled on top of that?
    L/R - Sierra Towers
    Center - Sierra Horizon Tower
    Surrounds - 200SE
    SW - Dual PSA XV15's
    TV - Panasonic TC-P65VT60
    A/V Receiver - Denon AVR-4311CI
    Blu-ray/DVD - Sony BDP-S5100
    DVR STB - Motorola Arris X1