Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: F15 and D15SE comparison

Default Re: F15 and D15SE comparison

Is your floor was tiled right it would be like concrete. Backer board and all the thinset. The tiles itself. The subdue is suppose to be used on wood or carpet on wood subfloor.

i don't have a down-firing sub (have a paradigm servo 15v2)... so i don't know how much help this will be...

the gramma worked wonders in my room in terms of reducing vibrations...

of course, i'm on the 2nd floor of a 105 year old house... pine board floor nailed directly to the joists... yes, it's a rattly and squeaky place...

i don't think it would do a darn thing on a concrete or tiled floor though...

I see you 105 years, and raise you 50 to a 155 year old building....

Here a Subdude on pine-slab floors did wonders to help bass tightness, and reduce transmission to my long-suffering downstairs neighbors.

I think the wobblier your floors are, the more a subdude will make a difference. and is worth it.

Arrow Re: F15 and D15SE comparison

I bought (2) Grammas to go under my Outlaw LFM-1Pluses. The reason being, is that the Pluses seemed to sink quite deeply into my carpet. As such, the sound became quite muffled. However, once I placed the Grammas under my Pluses things really came alive! Floor vibrations were significantly reduced and things tightened up a bunch. Personally, I have to have tight, punchy, articulate bass as I can NOT stand one-note bass. It just drives me BONKERS! My plan is to upgrade to one of the 15" Rythmiks as soon as I can. Unfortunately, it may be a while.

Cheers,

Phil
    Last edited by soundfreak38; 11-21-2008 at 04:58 PM.
    Tame the peaks, minimize the dips/nulls and ONLY then are YOU on YOUR way to bass nirvana!