Thread: I'll start

Default I'll start

So, how do the drivers & amps in these differ from the kits available directly from Rythmik? I was on the Rythmik site & noticed they no longer seem to offer assembled subs using their DS1200 driver & 370 plate amp.

-Dave

Default Re: I'll start

Well, being the owner of a DS12 kit I assembled into a sealed enclosure, the first thing I notice is the inclusion of a single band PEQ, and a switch to engage or disengage a rumble filter. I'm also wondering if the wattage has been increased. And also a selectable crossover slope between 12-24db/octave.

I love my Rythmik sub!
    Ed

* Sierra-2EX's W/V2 crossover upgrade
    * (2) Rythmik F12's
    * Parasound Halo P6
    * Audio by Van Alstine DVA-M225 Monoblock Amps
    * MiniDSP 2x4HD For Sub calibration
    *World's Best Cables Canare 4S11 speaker cables

they are the same, at least with a quick look at the rythmik site...

judging from reading the rythmik website, they've entered into an agreement with ascend that makes ascend their distributor... rather than selling them direct, as they did before...

makes sense for both parties... rythmik can concentrate on making subs and not having to deal with selling them, and ascend gets a REALLY good sub to package with their speakers...

i like it...

edit: i see mag has pointed out some differences...

Measurement graphs, please!
    L/R - Sierra Towers
    Center - Sierra Horizon Tower
    Surrounds - 200SE
    SW - Dual PSA XV15's
    TV - Panasonic TC-P65VT60
    A/V Receiver - Denon AVR-4311CI
    Blu-ray/DVD - Sony BDP-S5100
    DVR STB - Motorola Arris X1

go here gov...

Quote Originally Posted by ccotenj View Post
    go here gov...
    Thanks! These look amazing. I think they will be awesome for HT too.
    L/R - Sierra Towers
    Center - Sierra Horizon Tower
    Surrounds - 200SE
    SW - Dual PSA XV15's
    TV - Panasonic TC-P65VT60
    A/V Receiver - Denon AVR-4311CI
    Blu-ray/DVD - Sony BDP-S5100
    DVR STB - Motorola Arris X1

Quote Originally Posted by ccotenj View Post
    they are the same, at least with a quick look at the rythmik site...

judging from reading the rythmik website, they've entered into an agreement with ascend that makes ascend their distributor... rather than selling them direct, as they did before...

makes sense for both parties... rythmik can concentrate on making subs and not having to deal with selling them, and ascend gets a REALLY good sub to package with their speakers...

i like it...

edit: i see mag has pointed out some differences...
    I saw that also. I have been studying and reading reviews since I am shopping for a new subwoofer. The problem I see is this, I am about an hour drive from Ascend's location. I want to buy a Rythmik subwoofer from them I still must pay $128.00 shipping. Same as if I bought it directly from the factory. I see no value in buying from the dealer. They get a commision for doing nothing more than answering the telephone. Now if there is no shipping charges and I can pick it up from their inventory or have it drop shipped to my home then there's value since I saved $$$ by buying local. And there's more! Now that Rythmik has a dealer here in California and even if I buy from Rythmik direct I now must pay local sales tax....

Quote Originally Posted by Oldschool View Post
    I saw that also. I have been studying and reading reviews since I am shopping for a new subwoofer. The problem I see is this, I am about an hour drive from Ascend's location. I want to buy a Rythmik subwoofer from them I still must pay $128.00 shipping. Same as if I bought it directly from the factory. I see no value in buying from the dealer. They get a commision for doing nothing more than answering the telephone. Now if there is no shipping charges and I can pick it up from their inventory or have it drop shipped to my home then there's value since I saved $$$ by buying local. And there's more! Now that Rythmik has a dealer here in California and even if I buy from Rythmik direct I now must pay local sales tax....
    I think the issue is that Ascend does not keep inventory of Rythmik subs, and like Ascend, Rythmik subs are made and tested when ordered. So, you are paying for them to have it shipped to Ascend for pickup.

For the tax thing...California tax law isn't so nice.
    -curtis

Quote Originally Posted by Oldschool View Post
    The problem I see is this, I am about an hour drive from Ascend's location. I want to buy a Rythmik subwoofer from them I still must pay $128.00 shipping. Same as if I bought it directly from the factory. I see no value in buying from the dealer. They get a commision for doing nothing more than answering the telephone. Now if there is no shipping charges and I can pick it up from their inventory or have it drop shipped to my home then there's value since I saved $$$ by buying local. And there's more! Now that Rythmik has a dealer here in California and even if I buy from Rythmik direct I now must pay local sales tax....
    Hi Oldschool,

I don't mean to sound crass, but if you feel we do nothing to earn our rather meager profit on selling you a Rythmik subwoofer, please do proceed and purchase from Rythmik directly, they are fantastic subwoofers. That stated, our phone line is live and answered 10+ hours each day (and we have been known to answer on weekends as well), we support the product in full - including setup questions and service, and.... aren't you on our forum This level of service and support requires employees that, sadly, aren't willing to work for free. Just this afternoon we were assisting a local customer who was having a few issues with his subwoofer and he dropped it off at our facility so we can evaluate it.

Fact is, it is very possible you might not have even heard of Rythmik subwoofers if it weren't for us...

If you want to own the best sounding and one of the most reliable subwoofers at anywere near its price point, you are just going to have to deal with these minor complaints.
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com