Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Wishing a warm welcome to Rythmik Audio

Default Re: Wishing a warm welcome to Rythmik Audio

When I first read this, I thought you "said" dumb blonde, after re-reading that makes perfect sense to this old fart.

Thanks,

Jim

Any chance either if the 15" subs will come in honey oak?

I still educating myself wrt Rythmik subs and am confused by the 'Product selection guide' on their website. The demarkation between 'large' and 'medium' sized rooms is stated to be '115 sq ft = 35 sqm'. But 1 sqm is 10.76 sq ft, so that 35 sqm is ~377 (not 115) sq ft. My room is ~250 sq ft, so it's relevant to know whether it is 'medium' or 'large' with regard to the size of sub that is recommended. I think it is 'medium' (actually a small 'medium') so that for HT a 12" sealed sub is probably recommended. Right?

Quote Originally Posted by millerwill View Post
    I still educating myself wrt Rythmik subs and am confused by the 'Product selection guide' on their website. The demarkation between 'large' and 'medium' sized rooms is stated to be '115 sq ft = 35 sqm'. But 1 sqm is 10.76 sq ft, so that 35 sqm is ~377 (not 115) sq ft. My room is ~250 sq ft, so it's relevant to know whether it is 'medium' or 'large' with regard to the size of sub that is recommended. I think it is 'medium' (actually a small 'medium') so that for HT a 12" sealed sub is probably recommended. Right?
    I think I see the error on the website: 1 m = 3.28 ft, and 3.28*35 = 115.

Somebody forgot to square 3.28 in converting SQUARE meters to SQUARE feet. I presume that the division between 'medium' and 'large' rooms is 35 sqm = 377 sq ft.

And wouldn't the VOUME of the room be more useful a measure than the floor space? I.e., doesn't height matter?

I think I see the error on the website: 1 m = 3.28 ft, and 3.28*35 = 115.

Somebody forgot to square 3.28 in converting SQUARE meters to SQUARE feet. I presume that the division between 'medium' and 'large' rooms is 35 sqm = 377 sq ft.

And wouldn't the VOUME of the room be more useful a measure than the floor space? I.e., doesn't height matter?
    I have made a correction. I do have a dedicated 300 ft^2 room with 9 ft ceiling and that should be a medium size room. Height would matter, but not in a linear relation.

I also corrected the frequency response and temporaory copied the plots from DS1500 to 15" subwoofers. As far as I know, all frequency response plots are now correct.

F15 currently only offers two finishes: black oak and walnut. I didn't consider any light color option as we want to use darker color to make it look smaller
    Last edited by RythmikAudio; 11-02-2008 at 06:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RythmikAudio View Post
    I have made a correction. I do have a dedicated 300 ft^2 room with 9 ft ceiling and that should be a medium size room. Height would matter, but not in a linear relation.

I also corrected the frequency response and temporaory copied the plots from DS1500 to 15" subwoofers. As far as I know, all frequency response plots are now correct.

F15 currently only offers two finishes: black oak and walnut. I didn't consider at light color option as we want to use darker color to make it look smaller
    Thanks much, Brian. My 250 sq ft room is thus medium/small, so it 'sounds' like the F12 would be the sub I would be interested in. (And I LIKE the black oak cabinet the best!)

As I gather from the website, you only produce 'complete' subs that are sealed; i.e., you don't produce ported ('vented') versions of your subs (though a person could do one DIY). Is that correct?

Quote Originally Posted by clarke68 View Post
    I love to hear what some of your favorite recordings are, both for general listening enjoyment and for subwoofer testing. For the latter, I'd particularly like to know specific things you listen for, and what they "mean" to you when evaluating/improving a product.
    Some of my favorite CD:
    Eagles: hell freeze over (XRCD)
    Dire Straits: Making Movies
    Edgar Meyer et al: Heatland an Appalachian Anthology
    Rosinni: String Sonata 1-6 (XRCD)
    Jazz at the Pawnshop
    Massenet: Ballet Music (Klavier)

I also use these to test subwoofer integration. The sound I am looking for is a perfect integration between front speakers and subwoofer so that the whole system sounds like a single fulll range system. One does not need to play a bass heavy music to appreciate the value of subwoofer. A subwoofer adds to all 3 dimensions of the sound stage. It gives a more complete boundary of instructment without making it fat. It is almost as if you can hear more detail of the sound. IMHO, it is the low frequencies signal that connects one note to next which makes the music flow with specific effects. Even instruments like solo violin is often played with techniques try to add low frequency contents to the sound to make it sound more rhythmic.

The CDs that I test subwoofers for bass response include Massenet, flight of the cosmic Hippo (Bela Fleck), U571 (the depth charge dropped in the water and the explosion), and more recently Blue Man's group, Peom of Chinese Drums. BTW, I also enjoy Chesky demo CD2. in particular the track with a small percussion band circling around the microphones. With a good system (with or without a subwoofer), you can clearly hear the group circling our speakers going to the behind of speakers, then to the right of the right speaker, then to the front of the speakers (ie, between speakers and me), and then go to the left of lef speaker, then go behind the speakers again, then go on and on. All 4 instruments are clearly distinguishable and circle with distance between them. Another track of the CD tests the image height in your sound system. These tracks remind me that 2 channel audio is not dead, we just haven't exploited its full potential.

Thanks much, Brian. My 250 sq ft room is thus medium/small, so it 'sounds' like the F12 would be the sub I would be interested in. (And I LIKE the black oak cabinet the best!)

As I gather from the website, you only produce 'complete' subs that are sealed; i.e., you don't produce ported ('vented') versions of your subs (though a person could do one DIY). Is that correct?
    Vented version is in the work. We would like to put in a couple of new features before we ship them. They will be all 15" based. I don't recommend 12" for vented subwoofer anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by RythmikAudio View Post
    Vented version is in the work. We would like to put in a couple of new features before we ship them. They will be all 15" based. I don't recommend 12" for vented subwoofer anymore.
    VERY interesting! Thanks again.

Well count me In!

I placed an order for a Pair of RYTHMIK D-15 SE 15.

These will replace my SVS PC12 Ultra in my HT.

Had the upgrade bug and wanted to try out a sealed sub that hits hard and low.

Was a tough decision as I was also considering the HSU ULS-15, and the SVS PB13ultra.

I ruled out the ULS-15 because of the price (really wanted a pair and was just too much)

I ruled out the PB13Ultra, mainly because of it's size and weight, it would have be tough for me to place it in an optimal position in my room.

My HT family room is about 432 sq feet or 3500 cubic feet, but is basically a rectangular room with 2 doors that close. I cut the room in half long ways for the HT part, So Its much smaller than the footage would indicate.
    I'm also running an HSU MBM-12 in my setup and will also use it with the 2 rythmiks.

Hopefully they won't disappoint!

Now if Dave can just ship them fast enough for me to get them by the weekend!