Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Wishing a warm welcome to Rythmik Audio

Default Re: Wishing a warm welcome to Rythmik Audio

Thanks Brian!

I was just curious, mostly, about the power output. If that is the same then I don't see a need to change the amp.

I have an LD player. It is nicely packed away in it's original box in a closet

I do like the new sub enclosures. I still need to figure out some sort of grill for my unfinished MDF box
    Ed

* Sierra-2EX's W/V2 crossover upgrade
    * (2) Rythmik F12's
    * Parasound Halo P6
    * Audio by Van Alstine DVA-M225 Monoblock Amps
    * MiniDSP 2x4HD For Sub calibration
    *World's Best Cables Canare 4S11 speaker cables

Quote Originally Posted by RythmikAudio View Post
    The comparison of sealed vs vented subwoofers is a bit difficult because there are weakness in each. The vented box would have more output between 25hz to 40hz band only, and lose to sealed subwoofer below port tuning frequency (for the rumble effect). But I have a few PC Ultra customers, after they hear the sound of our subwoofers, they are pretty much surprised there is such a huge difference. One customer, Kevin, even said our sound is just cleaner, there is no other way to describe it. If you are into sound quality and not into SPL competition, our sealed 15" have plenty output.

BTW, I won't recommend turn D15SE side way, it just doesn't look good. The reason we are still evaluating what to do with a piano finish F15 is that we can use a different driver. If there is any improvement in SPL we'd want to do, the reward is higher if it is done on 15".

-Brian
    Is there a reason why you are considering a different driver for the F15 rather than just offering it in a piano finish? If I am in the market now, having carpet over wood sub-floor what do you recomend I do?

Brandon

Quote Originally Posted by merrymaid520 View Post
    Is there a reason why you are considering a different driver for the F15 rather than just offering it in a piano finish? If I am in the market now, having carpet over wood sub-floor what do you recomend I do?
    Did you do the "stomp" test that Brian mentioned in that area?
    -curtis

Quote Originally Posted by curtis View Post
    Did you do the "stomp" test that Brian mentioned in that area?
    I am planning on "stomping around" when I get home tonight. I will report back with all of the scientific data I can gather

Quote Originally Posted by RythmikAudio View Post
    For me, musicality is the correct combination of contrast (some call it dynamics), articulation, and pace that give us goosebumps and make us tap our foot.
    Interesting answer, Brian, thanks!

Sounds like what you're describing is what a lot of people call "PRaT" (pace, rhythm & timing), but I think we're talking about the same thing when you describe the effect it has on the listening experience.

Very interesting (and encouraging) that you have each subjective aspect of musical sound mapped to a t/s parameter or other hardware component. I'm really looking forward to hearing what your subs can do!

Subs look great...love the pb finish. Funny thing is, since I'm based in TX, it looks like it would be cheaper to purchase from Ascend (899+50 s/h) than picking one up from Rythmik in Austin (899+$74 due to 8.125% tax)!

Wow! How did I miss this? Congrats to Dave and Brian!

I've dealt with Brian in the past, problems with Canada Post with an amp plate, and Brian was absolutely great to deal with. Great guy! I really think this partnership with Ascend and Rythmik is absolutely fantastic. I don't think it was a coincidence that Rythmik stood out at the time I was looking for sub parts a couple years ago, as they always somewhat seemed to fit with the Ascend philosophy. At the time the servo was more than I wanted to spend, but if I built/bought a new sub, it would definitely be a servo, and Brian/Rythmik is where it's at.

Sealed and servo is where it's at for musical subs. Hell, I even said so in the "what sub do you guys want"! Well sort of...
    So I guess what I'm asking is not to make a monstrous looking sub, bit of aesthetics is more important than type of finish for me In my case, I'd like smaller footprint and maybe higher, but that's not so important.

One thing I learned with my sealed sub, you want a flat FR... Sealed, that probably means EQ or servo, but I'll leave the designing to you
    [...]
    Words like Servo or digital amps are floating in my mind...
    And Servo we got! Not to mention great looking subs... Piano Black looks great, probably fantastic match with the Sierras!

Seriously, if I could have chosen, or written the story myself, couldn't have done better, Ascend and Rythmik together, absolutely fantastic. Two great companies and individuals, imho, couldn't have been a better match!

Congrats!
    Last edited by GirgleMirt; 10-31-2008 at 09:34 PM.

Thumbs up Re: Wishing a warm welcome to Rythmik Audio

Wow

Great choice Dave!!

I have been enjoying my DS12 for awhile now, and have absolutely no regrets with the purchase I made.
    Teamed up with my Sierras, the DS12 sounds fantastic.
    Brian was very easy to talk to when I was getting ready to order, just like you were Dave.

Welcome to the forum Brian!
    Last edited by muzz; 11-01-2008 at 11:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by clarke68 View Post
    Interesting answer, Brian, thanks!

Sounds like what you're describing is what a lot of people call "PRaT" (pace, rhythm & timing), but I think we're talking about the same thing when you describe the effect it has on the listening experience.

Very interesting (and encouraging) that you have each subjective aspect of musical sound mapped to a t/s parameter or other hardware component. I'm really looking forward to hearing what your subs can do!
    I want to clarify a bit though because if we just focus on pace, rhythm and timing, it may sound very mechanical. If we analyze music techniques such as portamento (techniques of gliding between notes in singing or strings), what does it take to faithfully reproduce that type of sound? I think it is contrast and articulation (and not so much of rhythm as defined as periodic beat). Yes, human voice and strings are two of my favorite instruments, so my view may be biased.
    Last edited by RythmikAudio; 11-01-2008 at 11:23 AM.

I was looking at these Rythmik subs on their website, and the frequency response in the specs seem to be the identical curve for all 3. Is that possible?