Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Wishing a warm welcome to Rythmik Audio

Default Re: Wishing a warm welcome to Rythmik Audio

Quote Originally Posted by clarke68 View Post
    Sell me your children!!!
    LOL! still one of my favorite movies of all time...

but seriously... i wouldn't really even need the 15's... i'd settle for dual 12's in bamboo... put one in the front and one in the back of the room... i could get a reasonable chunk of the cost back by selling my paradigm...

it's his own fault that we want the bamboo finish...

Very nice, but two weeks too late for me. :-((

Quote Originally Posted by ccotenj View Post
    it's his own fault that we want the bamboo finish...
    Serious. If he didn't make speakers that look so freaking cool, we wouldn't want subwoofers to match them!

Actually, what I like best about the D15 is that it could pass as an end table. Of course, I still want two...gotta have symmetry.

This is great news!!! I almost pulled the trigger to go with the HSU UL-15's but decided to wait until I hear more about what Dave will be offering. Anyone know how the F-15 compares to the UL-15's? Any chance of getting the F-15 in piano black (F-15 SE) to match our PB Sierras?
    Last edited by Blake1214; 10-30-2008 at 01:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Blake1214 View Post
    This is great news!!! I almost pulled the trigger to go with the HSU UL-15's but decided to wait until I hear more about what Dave will be offering. Anyone know how the D-15 compares to the UL-15's? Any chance of getting the D-15 in piano black (D-15 SE) to match our PB Sierras?
    Piano black IS the standard finish.
    Ed

* Sierra-2EX's W/V2 crossover upgrade
    * (2) Rythmik F12's
    * Parasound Halo P6
    * Audio by Van Alstine DVA-M225 Monoblock Amps
    * MiniDSP 2x4HD For Sub calibration
    *World's Best Cables Canare 4S11 speaker cables

Quote Originally Posted by Mag_Neato View Post
    Piano black IS the standard finish.
    Sorry, I meant the F15. Right now, it's only in walnut or black oak.

Sorry, I meant the F15. Right now, it's only in walnut or black oak.
    Ah. The finish is most likely the main factor in the price difference between the F15 and the D15. Other than one being front firing and the other down firing. I would think they are equal performance-wise.
    Ed

* Sierra-2EX's W/V2 crossover upgrade
    * (2) Rythmik F12's
    * Parasound Halo P6
    * Audio by Van Alstine DVA-M225 Monoblock Amps
    * MiniDSP 2x4HD For Sub calibration
    *World's Best Cables Canare 4S11 speaker cables

Quote Originally Posted by Mag_Neato View Post
    Ah. The finish is most likely the main factor in the price difference between the F15 and the D15. Other than one being front firing and the other down firing. I would think they are equal performance-wise.
    Yup, since both uses the same components. The reason I'm trying to stay away from down firing subs is because I live in a high rise condo. I currently have the Sierras matched with a SVS PC plus. I don't know the physics behind it but tested with my neighbors downstairs using down firing vs front firing subs. They are able to hear the bass travel of the SVS downfiring a lot more in their unit even though it sounds the same in my condo. The weird thing is, the PC plus even has a base plate. So to prevent myself from worrying so much everytime I watch a movie with bass, I've decided to just get 2 front firing subs. I would definitely want it in PB finish to go with my PB Sierras though.

Hi Dave,

I know this is kind of early but I have to ask. Would you consider making a front firing sub with an 15" driver in PB (F15SE)? This woofer is too pretty to be pointed downwards and not seen. I want to see this woofer move when it shakes my home.
    Last edited by lokimydog; 10-30-2008 at 02:05 PM.

Yup, since both uses the same components. The reason I'm trying to stay away from down firing subs is because I live in a high rise condo. I currently have the Sierras matched with a SVS PC plus. I don't know the physics behind it but tested with my neighbors downstairs using down firing vs front firing subs. They are able to hear the bass travel of the SVS downfiring a lot more in their unit even though it sounds the same in my condo. The weird thing is, the PC plus even has a base plate. So to prevent myself from worrying so much everytime I watch a movie with bass, I've decided to just get 2 front firing subs. I would definitely want it in PB finish to go with my PB Sierras though.
    Weird, I always thought it wouldn't make a difference, most bass being omnidirectional and all. You could try getting a subdude to place underneath.