Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011

Thread: Wishing a warm welcome to Rythmik Audio

Default Re: Wishing a warm welcome to Rythmik Audio

Quote Originally Posted by RythmikAudio View Post
    I was not trying to shoot down any EQ algorithm in my previous email. I was saying if the EQ came back with more delay offset than what is deemed reasonable, then we may want to try something different (for instance, different location, or xover point to get rid of sub-optimal solution from EQ algorithm). One thing is for sure, if the algorithm is presented with a simpler problem, it would definitively work better. Nevertheless, one of the catch-ya with EQ that works only on subwoofer is the additional latency it introduces. It manifests as delay, or phase shift. What is worse is the phase shift from pure time delay does not top out like analog filter.

I didn't think you were, I just wanted to mention that how well it worked in my particular setup with your subs. I found it to be very beneficial. Hopefully others that have Audyessy setups will take a further look at these rythmik subs.
    They seem to pair well together!

I see the FRQ response is +- 2db's from 14-100hz but how high does the 15 inch SE actually go?

Curious because audyessy recommends my center channel be crossed at 120hz.

Quote Originally Posted by jedi.night View Post
    I see the FRQ response is +- 2db's from 14-100hz but how high does the 15 inch SE actually go?

Curious because audyessy recommends my center channel be crossed at 120hz.
    I believe the 15" is about 2-3 dB down at 100Hz. However, I would not recommend a 120Hz crossover point for your center, even if this is what Audyssey is recommending.
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

Thumbs down Re: Wishing a warm welcome to Rythmik Audio

Do you have a 3" speaker in your center channel?
    One of those satellite jobs?
    If not, I don't care what Audessey suggests, that is pathetic.
    If your running a Sierra center, pick 60 or 80, if a 170 pick 80, if a 340 probably 80 as well.......

120 for the CC..... LMAO

Actually my center channel speaker is an nhtsc3, center Of the sb3 line. Rated down to 55 hz if I recall. So no it's not an htib speaker. Anyway, conflicting opinions on this as chris (audyssey developer) recommend doing what audyssey sets after calibration. It rates my mains me set at 40 us crossover! Weird that the center is getting such a high crossover setting.

Thumbs down Re: Wishing a warm welcome to Rythmik Audio

All I know is 120 Center HZ, especially for a center that is rated <60 is PATHETIC.
    I would NEVER listen to IDIOCY like that in my life, if anyone ever told me that I would ask for their resignation IMMEDIATELY!!

Tell Chris that he has a problem, and that he needs help.

End of story.

This is one of the unbelievable suggestions I have ever heard.........
    Corkey comes to mind.......

I'd probably set that CC at 80

maybe it is the placement and room affecting the sound too much?
    out of curiosity, maybe perform a round 1 calibration with the mic very close to the speaker (within 2ft), maybe even remove it from the location and see if there is a difference. audyssey rated my cener at 250hz, though it was a minisat, once i replaced the center with a 340, it now gets ranked at 80hz, I think 60hz actually but i wanted it to match my 170's @ their recommended 80hz that audyssey provided. when I initially placed my 340c below my tv, it was less than optimal (half the sound probably was getting reflected off the coffee table and carpet); once i moved it up above the tv the sound is much wider and resulting in better matched imaging with the mains, though I still find it a tad off. in all of that, the hz went from a recommended 80hz to 60hz just by moving it above the tv onto brackets. so, maybe for you position may help; out of curiosity where is it placed?

Quote Originally Posted by scape View Post
    maybe it is the placement and room affecting the sound too much?
    out of curiosity, maybe perform a round 1 calibration with the mic very close to the speaker (within 2ft), maybe even remove it from the location and see if there is a difference. audyssey rated my cener at 250hz, though it was a minisat, once i replaced the center with a 340, it now gets ranked at 80hz, I think 60hz actually but i wanted it to match my 170's @ their recommended 80hz that audyssey provided. when I initially placed my 340c below my tv, it was less than optimal (half the sound probably was getting reflected off the coffee table and carpet); once i moved it up above the tv the sound is much wider and resulting in better matched imaging with the mains, though I still find it a tad off. in all of that, the hz went from a recommended 80hz to 60hz just by moving it above the tv onto brackets. so, maybe for you position may help; out of curiosity where is it placed?
    Thanks for the ideas,
    Mine is place above the TV on a shelf that fits the speaker perfectly. However the center speaker is about 2 feet higher than the mains.
    So maybe the mic is position too low to correctly pick up my center channel response.
    I will try what you said and move the mic close to it just to see what happens.
    Maybe I can also angle the center channel downwards?