Page 1 of 11 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Wishing a warm welcome to Rythmik Audio

Default Wishing a warm welcome to Rythmik Audio

It has been a long time coming… 18 months ago I sent a simple email to a humble and honest electrical engineer requesting some information about his unique products. Time passed and I got to know this engineer well and quickly came to realize that he and I shared some unique traits; a true passion for sound quality, and of even more importance, an honesty and integrity rarely found in this industry.

That initial email led to hundreds of correspondences, months of testing and negotiations that would make even the most seasoned politicians cringe. After surveying our customer base, the overwhelming majority desired a subwoofer that placed sound quality as the highest priority. Size, output and looks all took a backseat to performance.

You asked for it and together with someone I am proud to call my friend, we have delivered it to you in spades.

We are honored to now carry the new line of Rythmik Direct Servo subwoofers. I have spent countless hours testing and measuring these units, tearing them apart component by component and most importantly, simply listening to them. As some of you know, I have been involved with subwoofers since their early days (22+ yrs ago). I have shied away from introducing our own line simply because of how the subwoofer market has changed since the early days. Today, it is all about inexpensive amplification – which manufacturer can obtain the most wattage at the least cost and then develop a woofer to make best use of this power. Make no mistake about it, the amplifiers and woofers used in the majority of subwoofers out there are far from what I or anyone in the know would consider “audiophile” quality. They are designed for maximum output at the last expense.

Rythmik subwoofers are a different breed altogether. Every component is designed for sound quality first. Even without their patented Direct Servo technology, which brings sound quality to an unmatched level, the amplifier and woofer are leagues above any competing units (and yes, I have a factory full of competing subwoofers to prove it ).

I can go on and on about these units and how they are the perfect match to our Sierra-1, but rather than have me ramble on and on, I want to introduce you to my dear friend, Chih-Shun (Brian) Ding. I must make one additional point, Brian is not an audio hobbyist turn subwoofer designer. Unlike many subwoofer designers these days, Brian has a PHD in Electrical Engineering from USC and you simply won’t find a more knowledgeable engineer or someone so willing to share his passion and intellect with anyone interested.

This forum section will be dedicated to Rythmik subwoofers and it is here where you can ask questions and get direct answers from Brian himself. All I ask is that you show the same patience and respect that you have given me over the years. Since one of the goals here is to create a section whereby anyone can find more detailed info regarding Rythmik subwoofers, please post new questions in new separate threads. Brian will say hello later today and do his best to answer questions.

Brian, it has been my sincere pleasure and honor, let me be the first to welcome you!

Enjoy!!!
    Last edited by davef; 10-30-2008 at 10:47 AM.
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

Default Re: Wishing a warm welcome to Rythmik Audio

Congratulations Dave! The subs look terrific and it's nice to see a long project come to fruition! I have just have to keep saving up for one.... The prices as always with Ascend offerings look extremely competitive. I can't wait to read some reviews.

well... this is an interesting development...

i don't suppose we could get some custom veneers? a pair of those 15's would find their way into my room if i could get a bamboo veneer to match the sierra's...

Hi Dave,

It's great to finally hear the subwoofer news. I have waited years for you to announce something before purchasing from some other company.

Can't wait to hear more details from Brian!
    Last edited by venomxtf; 10-30-2008 at 10:59 AM.

How exciting! Too bad I just bought my Epik six months ago or I'd be jumping all over this.

Interesting News

It will be great for people to purchase Ascend speakers in a package complete with subwoofer.

Wow. Very cool.

Brian is a great guy. He worked with Brian Bunge to tune the rythmik amp specifically for the custom sub Brian built for me years ago.

Congrats on the new product. Now I know where to get my next sub if I ever need an upgrade.

Derek

Just when I thought I was putting the subwoofer upgrade to bed, then this comes along Now, what to do!!!!!!
    L/R - Sierra Towers
    Center - Sierra Horizon Tower
    Surrounds - 200SE
    SW - Dual PSA XV15's
    TV - Panasonic TC-P65VT60
    A/V Receiver - Denon AVR-4311CI
    Blu-ray/DVD - Sony BDP-S5100
    DVR STB - Motorola Arris X1

This is great news......from the last couple of months, you all know what I think of the Rythmik sound.

Congrats Dave...good move!
    -curtis

Need a package price for those who have already purchased Ascend speakers or for those who wish to put together a system. And...a price for duals...must have duals.