Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: F15 and D15SE comparison

Default F15 and D15SE comparison

What are the performance differences between these subs? Is the down-firing D15 a higher performance sub?

Default Re: F15 and D15SE comparison

I think the only difference is downfiring vs front firing, and the finish.

Perfomance differences are negligible if any.
    -curtis

Curtis,

I know you have had some experience with the Rythmics in the past and have been very happy. I currently have the previous SVS PC Ultra 12" cylinder sub from several years back. I am looking to upgrade and would like a bit more tight/accurate bass but not suffer and lose extension(how deep it goes). Have you heard the old SVS and from memory comparing to the rythmics, how would they compare?

Congrats to Dave F.. The subs look like a winner!

Thanks,

Brandon

I have heard other SVS's, but not that one in particular.

I have no doubt though that these Rythmiks would be a step up in sound quality. The 15" Rythmik does the 16hz organ note fine.
    -curtis

Hey curtis,

Sorry to bug ya, what SVS 's did you hear by chance, just to give me a reference point? I ultimately want an overall improvement (output, SQ, & etc) before making a purchase.

I don't expect huge improvments in terms of depth/output, but a bit of a difference would be great!

Thanks!
    Brandon

The latest being the PB13-Ultra.

These Rythmiks will not have the output of the Ultra, but IMO, their SQ surpasses it.

How loud do you listen to your material? People looking at maximum output oftern overlook performance in the normal "operating range".
    -curtis

I dont listen at reference levels thats for sure. Probably 5-7db below that. I just truly enjoy accurate bass response whether its a sub or from my sierras running 2ch. The room that this would be in measures about 14x17 with large openings into a dining room & kitchen each roughly the same size. Ceiling height is vaulted and goes to about 13ft high.

Quote Originally Posted by merrymaid520 View Post
    I dont listen at reference levels thats for sure. Probably 5-7db below that. I just truly enjoy accurate bass response whether its a sub or from my sierras running 2ch. The room that this would be in measures about 14x17 with large openings into a dining room & kitchen each roughly the same size. Ceiling height is vaulted and goes to about 13ft high.
    Is your current sub running out of steam now?
    -curtis

I will put it this way, during heavy bass scenes such as War of the Worlds (Pod emergence scene) for example, it has enough output to shake the room a bit and viewers feel the bass. This is enough for me typically. I just get the sense during some well recorded action movies(on Blu-ray for example) that the SVS is not as tight as others out there. A bit boomy during some scenes. It does sound great, but room for improvement.

edit: its the chest thumping hard hitting bass I am after most, to summarize my quest

Well, I can tell you that from my experience with other subs, the Rythmik is at least as good as anything else I have heard in sound quality. The JL 112 I heard, might have a bit more punch in the upper bass though.

As for your quest for chest thumping bass, it is hard for me to comment without having experienced your setup.
    -curtis