I’m a long time lurker on this site…and by long time I mean a few years. Yeah, a bit of procrastination on my part I’ll have to admit. Anyway, I figured it was about time I get involved and say hello.

To say I’m obsessed with all things home audio/video is a bit of an understatement (We’ve all got our own vices!) Someone with my level of obsession should likely be shopping at an A/V boutique that sells speaker cables made from carbon-nanotubes…wrapped in unobtanium… sprinkled in fairy dust... I mean if you pay more you get more right? I’d say not necessarily. The thing is that I work in product development for a corporation with extraordinary resources (not A/V related BTW). What I’ve learned is that when it comes to making great products it’s not necessarily a matter of who has the most money or biggest team to throw at a project. In reality I often see better results come from a few talented individuals with a passion for what they’re doing rather than a whole team of people who are just punching a time card. So have I heard Ascend speakers? No. But do I believe that Dave’s products could be as good or better than mass-marketed brands with huge R&D budgets behind them? Absolutely. I plan to audition some Ascends for myself and see if this theory holds true.

BTW…I’m interested in a CMT-340 SE/CBM-170 SE setup…5.1…7.1…9.1…did I mention I have a problem?