Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Greetings from So-Cal!

Default Re: Greetings from So-Cal!

Hi Oblivius,

Welcome to our community!

Please let me know if I can be of any assistance.
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

Default Re: Greetings from So-Cal!

Quote Originally Posted by curtis View Post
    OC....where in SoCal are you?

You are more than welcome to come hear my 7.1 setup made of Sierras and 170SE's (classic 170s in the rear). I am in Manhattan Beach.

I think Ascend customers are the type of people that really like to research their purchases. Ascend speakers are reviewed by more respected online publications than most other ID speakers, and the products have longevity. Add to that many happy customers, and it leads people to want to hear Ascends.
    Thanks for the invite, that would be really cool. My only real concern is that I won’t be able to settle for the 340’s after hearing your setup with the Sierras . After all you never can be re-inserted back into the Matrix...oops I'm revealing too much of my inner dork. To answer your question, I’m in San Diego. I'm hoping to take a trip up to LA in a few months so I'll have to get back to you around then. BTW, sorry for the delayed response…work commitments are such a pain...

I think you’re right about the research thing. This hobby is too important to me to buy anything without fully understanding what I’m getting. It was my research that led me to Ascend. I always get a kick out of it when I go to a big box store and watch someone drop a few grand on equipment based solely on the recommendation of the salesman. Sometimes I do think I go a little overboard with the research though. If I had used all the time I’ve spent on this hobby researching stocks and investments instead…I’d be rich by now. My latest thing is researching room treatments/room tuning. I’m just starting to understand that…