Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: satellites

Default satellites

any chance on the htm's getting refreshed? possibly with a front or side ported design?

Default Re: satellites

Wouldn't that make them bigger? Ports?

it wasn't that long ago that the HTMs got refreshed into the SE family, so i doubt a ported HTM is in the works... that kind of a design change would probably be a completely new model anyways, in my opinion.
    CMT-340SE2 Mains & Center, CBM-170SE Surrounds, Rythmik F15, Emotiva XMC-1, Emotiva XPA-5

Quote Originally Posted by scape View Post
    any chance on the htm's getting refreshed? possibly with a front or side ported design?
    Hi Scape,

HTM-200 just recently became the 200 SE. No plans for any other changes at this point. Adding a port would require a larger cabinet in addition to many changes to the woofer itself. As it stands now, the 200 SE is a perfect speaker for someone looking for high performance with size or placement constraints.
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

Quote Originally Posted by davef View Post
    Hi Scape,

HTM-200 just recently became the 200 SE. No plans for any other changes at this point. Adding a port would require a larger cabinet in addition to many changes to the woofer itself. As it stands now, the 200 SE is a perfect speaker for someone looking for high performance with size or placement constraints.
    ahh, thanks for the input. I guess the linearity on the other SE products is so intriguing that I figured a tuned port would help. I think I might go after the htm's anyways, as my satellites are terrible!

ahh, thanks for the input. I guess the linearity on the other SE products is so intriguing that I figured a tuned port would help. I think I might go after the htm's anyways, as my satellites are terrible!
    Adding a port won't affect linearity, it would simply change the bass response of the speaker. As it stands, the 200 SE work exceptionally well with an 80Hz high-pass filter. I use these as rears in my own home
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

Adding a port won't affect linearity, it would simply change the bass response of the speaker. As it stands, the 200 SE work exceptionally well with an 80Hz high-pass filter. I use these as rears in my own home
    hah, now that's interesting, that's good to hear that you actually use your own designs I was going to mention you had posted using 340 center in another thread, a bit humble no? I expected some 7 channel sierra concept

I use these as rears in my own home
    I use the 200 Classics as my back surrounds. To me, there's already a larger 200 that's ported - it's called the 170 SE!

Doug

Quote Originally Posted by DougMac View Post
    I use the 200 Classics as my back surrounds. To me, there's already a larger 200 that's ported - it's called the 170 SE!

Doug
    haha, I know but it's rear ported which makes it hard for my current living room arrangement. they never think of audioheads when it comes to designing floor plans! all is well though, I think the 200's will be just great, plus I can later move them to the back surrounds.

hah, now that's interesting, that's good to hear that you actually use your own designs I was going to mention you had posted using 340 center in another thread, a bit humble no? I expected some 7 channel sierra concept
    The system I have *settled* on in my home is 3 Sierra-1 up front with a pair of 200 SE surrounds. Of course, this changes frequently when I do some critical listening to various new designs or changes -- but I must say that no matter what I audition, I always seem to end up missing my Sierra-1
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com