Thread: just a thought about bandwidth and uptime

Default just a thought about bandwidth and uptime

I noticed the site went down today, perhaps from a load of new users...
    anyway, if dave or the community is interested, I am a software programmer and host a few community websites and would be more than willing to put ascend's forum or whatever else needed onto my server, I really like this community and the concept and would like to help if i can. I'm using bluehost for my hosting service, let me know as I know how hard it is to keep things rolling
    if you're interested in just using your own server for whatever I do highly recommend bluehost.com, check it out as I think they have the most generous deal around and personally I think a great service, and if you ever get the chance read the backstory. btw, i am not an employee nor contractor, just a satisfied customer passing along info

-chris

ps: if you do plan on signing up for something on your own, please use my link and score me some points along the way!
    http://www.bluehost.com

Default Re: just a thought about bandwidth and uptime

Quote Originally Posted by scape View Post
    I noticed the site went down today, perhaps from a load of new users...
    anyway, if dave or the community is interested, I am a software programmer and host a few community websites and would be more than willing to put ascend's forum or whatever else needed onto my server, I really like this community and the concept and would like to help if i can. I'm using bluehost for my hosting service, let me know as I know how hard it is to keep things rolling
    Hi Chris,

I appreciate your offer. Our hosting service had a switch failure today (great timing eh? ) Every site they host went down, including their own. They have been a great host over the years so I can excuse them this time...

Matt -- if you are reading this, nice job getting everything back up and running and sorry your vacation was slightly interrupted.
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com