Thread: Sierra-1 Center Questions

Default Sierra-1 Center Questions

I have a couple of questions regarding the Sierra-1 Center. I see that it could be oriented either horizontally or vertically. If you were going to set it up horizontally, would there be any need to rotate the tweeter as I saw mentioned in another thread? In addition, if the speaker is placed in a center channel compartment in a TV stand, would this hurt the bass response or performance?

Default Re: Sierra-1 Center Questions

First, yes, the tweeter does need to be turned for vertical or horizontal use.

As for using it in a center channel compartment, it depends on the compartment. I would call Ascend to discuss it.
    -curtis

Default Re: Sierra-1 Center Questions

Hi Kenntak

Quote Originally Posted by Kenntak View Post
    If you were going to set it up horizontally, would there be any need to rotate the tweeter as I saw mentioned in another thread?
    If using the Sierra-1 positioned horizontally, it is recommended that the tweeter be rotated 90 degrees. Doing so maintains the correct dispersion due to the tweeter wave-guide. This is what differentiates the Sierra-1 left/right from the Sierra-1 center (center has the tweeter rotated).

Quote Originally Posted by Kenntak View Post
    In addition, if the speaker is placed in a center channel compartment in a TV stand, would this hurt the bass response or performance?
    If you will be running a subwoofer and therefore setting a crossover in the receiver which will dramatically reduce the bass response of the speaker (either 60 or 80Hz, which is recommended) placing the speaker in a center channel compartment will absolutely not be a problem.

Take care and please let me know if I can be of any additional assistance.
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com