Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 340 SE Center Orientation

Default Re: 340 SE Center Orientation

Quote Originally Posted by chas View Post
    Looks fantastic Doug...when can you start on mine?

I love the wooden prop! Is that the furniture you got that deal on...great looking stuff...what brand is it?
    As soon as you buy the beer!

I think, but I can't swear, it's Barcalounger. There were no tags. There was two inches of water in the warehouse. They painted the metal frame at the bottom, but the material didn't get wet. There's a couple of nicks because they emptied the warehouse as fast as they could. Furniture company said it retails for $3k, we got it for 1400.

Doug

Nice!!!

How much beer?
    -curtis

Quote Originally Posted by curtis View Post
    Nice!!!

How much beer?
    Back in the '70's, adding a deck or screened in porch became a fad in my neighborhood. All the guys would pitch in, just like a barn raising. A scouting crew would come by first to see what you wanted and to tell you how much lumber to buy. They'd also estimate manpower required. The size of jobs was measured by how many cases of beer the homeowner needed to supply. You'd hear them say "looks like it's a four case job".

When I built the HT, beer or wine was the reward at the end of the day. I decided beer, power tools and fingers are a dangerous combination. Furthermore, my walls are square. Don't know if I could say the same if I had been constantly nursing a cool one.

Doug

Quote Originally Posted by chas View Post
    Looks fantastic Doug.
    i completely agree. very well done!
    CMT-340SE2 Mains & Center, CBM-170SE Surrounds, Rythmik F15, Emotiva XMC-1, Emotiva XPA-5