Hi there Ascend forum readers!

I'm way over here on the east coast in Pennsylvania and wanted to send my thanks for all the user reviews and responses on this forum and on other forums regarding Ascend speakers. Because of all the favorable reviews I ordered a few pairs of reconditioned natural Sierra-1's for my humble basement HT/music/gaming set-up. It was also from reading the forums that I realized that I needed to enjoy being a bachelor while I still could! So I made the purchase and justified it as a self graduation gift

I am an amateur at this hobby (although I've dabbled in mediocre headphones and headphone amps), but I am extremely excited to audition the Sierra's. I am pretty sure I am going to fall in love with them, since my previous system was a Logitech z-5500 (no joke!). Now it looks like I'll be running a 7.1 with all Sierra's, an SVS PB-12 Plus oak, and an H/K AVR 247. I'm not sure if that is enough juice for a 20'x20'x9' room with tons of junk in it, as 50 watts per channel is on the bottom end of the Sierra's recommended power. In a few months I may be moving out to a smaller room anyways and I only listen at moderate volume levels. I'd like to hold off on an amp until I can find a great deal.

I have a few questions I'll save until after I have had a listen. Hello again and farewell for now!