Thread: What I have been doing the last two plus years!

Default What I have been doing the last two plus years!

Some of you already know this, but the last two plus years, I have been involved with getting the new UCLA Ronald Reagan Medical Center ready for business...and Sunday is the big day. For the last two weeks, the majority of hospital staff has been moving in (some started three months ago). Sunday the patients will be moved....around 375 total, and the new hospital will be open for business.

Although the work has not been my favorite, I am proud of what we have accomplished.

http://www.latimes.com/features/heal...,7516040.story

http://www.uclahealth.org/
    -curtis

Default Re: What I have been doing the last two plus years!

I have a question.

In your opinion, Would you rather go to the a hospital the first day/week it opens? Or after a couple years? I'm talking about an elective surgery or an emergency, not a scrape.

I'm perplexed actually which one would give better service, or if it' still just a crapshoot.

There is a huge amount of scrutiny and inspection that goes on to get a hospital licensed.

That said, I am sure things will run smoother after the hospital is open for a week or two.
    -curtis

Quote Originally Posted by curtis View Post
    There is a huge amount of scrutiny and inspection that goes on to get a hospital licensed.

That said, I am sure things will run smoother after the hospital is open for a week or two.
    So you would trust your health to.....? I'm not judging your work personally, but a hospital is a organism unto itself, I just wonder if they are better or worse than a established hospital when they first open. I could easily see them being better because they just got licensed, and not disgruntled employees (yet). But I could aslo see them as worse because of bad/quick hiring decisions and lack of processes.
    Last edited by dallas; 06-27-2008 at 03:00 PM.

Well...in the UCLA Medical Center's situation, they are not new employees. They are moving from the old hospital to the new one.
    -curtis

congrats, curtis! i hope the transition goes smooth for everyone involved.
    CMT-340SE2 Mains & Center, CBM-170SE Surrounds, Rythmik F15, Emotiva XMC-1, Emotiva XPA-5

Thumbs up Re: What I have been doing the last two plus years!

Congratulations Curtis

You and I have spent some very good time discussing the issues that you have run into regarding this launch, it seems that all is finally coming to fruition, and that's:

GREAT to hear.

You've worked your tail off, I think a nice cold beer is in order (muzz raises glass) myself!!

Wish I was able to celebrate with you.

Well done bud

m

The move went VERY smooth.....almost too smooth...scary smooth. It got some good local news coverage as well.

We are still very busy fixing loose ends......a lot of little things that happen when you move. But nothing major.

It has been a tough go......but it does feel good. Thanks muzz.

http://www.newsroom.ucla.edu/portal/...ter-52446.aspx

http://www.uclahealth.org/
    -curtis

Thumbs up Re: What I have been doing the last two plus years!

You're Welcome my friend.
    You deserve Kudo's for the effort put forth.

There are always lil things that happen in any move, and I'm certain that you have them under control.

We don't have the slamming beers Icon here, so I'll just say:

Good Job bud

Gary